Group Buy for Hair Loss, Gray Hair Reversal, and Anti-Aging

That only works if your donor area is not DHT-sensitive. Otherwise even your transplanted hair will continue to thin.

1 Like

The donor area is resistant to DHT that is why it is used. Those hairs that are implanted are permanent. However you are probably referring to when people need multiple hair transplants due to the surrounding hair thinning, not the transplanted hair. In this case it is because they haven’t stabilized their hair loss to begin with .

1 Like

My donor hair was thinning prior to finasteride. I have retrograde alopecia, temple recession and unpatterned diffuse thinning all at once. Without finasteride I would not even qualify for a transplant.

Oh sorry to hear that. At what age did you start noticing the retrograde alopecia? I know most hair surgeons will not take patients unless they have been stabilized on finasteride, especially in that case.

As I said previously, as long as you are taking the medication your hair loss will stabilize, until you stop taking it. That unfortunately is the problem. Lowering systemic DHT for a multitude of reasons is not advisable in order to fix an aesthetic problem (hair loss).

DHT binding to the hair follicle (which causes the hair follicle miniaturization) only needs to be inhibited on the scalp and nowhere else as the problem is local to the scalp. Start with a solution focusing on that. For example, local injections into the scalp of a experimental compound, would be interesting to see rapamycin mesotherapy for hair loss.

Personally my EU drs inject directly into the scalp dutasteride or finasteride which I consider helpful. I now do this as maintenance of my hair transplant without oral medications and so far so good.

23 was when it was getting noticable. Finasteride was luckily able to stop it in its tracks.

• How reliable is hair repigmentation (HR) from checkpoint inhibitors, in comparison to other drugs with this reported effect?

The source doesn’t address this directly, but claims:

Most patients who did not present HR had no whitish hair
before the treatment, and some of them did not experience HR
during therapy.

I don’t know how to interpret this – maybe HR is the expected effect? If so that would be remarkable.

You just defined what a cosmetic condition is. The depression and anxiety only stems from your insecurity about the hair loss and its appearance. Grow back the hair and the depression and anxiety goes away, that is if at baseline you aren’t depressed or anxious regardless of the hair loss.

Fortunately, it is merely a cosmetic condition. Yes, hair loss can be a sign of other health problems, but for men more often than not it is androgenic alopecia. Although I understand it is extremely psychologically painful to loose hair, some people don’t like the shape of their nose, chin, eyes etc… but it does not directly impact their health as a medical condition such as if someone has cancer, autoimmune issues etc… It is just the roll of the dice with genes. Obviously how people perceive you plays a large part, and contributes to the anxiety which then impacts your health, but people are too concerned about their own insecurities to even notice your problems unless it is hugely obvious. My friends didn’t realize my hair loss until I pointed out I got a hair transplant. Luckily for me, hair loss was my only cosmetic problem. I highly doubt discrimination against employement is due only to hair loss. You are probably citing the study of more attractive people get better jobs and hired more easily but that does not correlate to hair loss. If you are generally attractive or are charming but just have some form of hair loss then why would you be discriminated against?

Playing with the balance of hormones is not wise in the long term especially if you are not measuring it via bloodwork which most people on finasteride are not. Dutasteride mesotherapy for many can be even more effective than oral finasteride given that it is only injected once every 3 months, directly into the areas of concern , at a lower dosage preventing side effects. Just because it is not a common treatment, it is still more common than 90% of the experimental treatments in your original post, and is widely used across clinics in Europe with great efficacy. Oral finasteride is the simpler solution, and I am obviously not arguing with its effectiveness. However, rarely is standard of care ever correct, that is why we are on this forum discussing rapamycin and other treatments vs what our drs would recommend.

3 Likes

There’s no difference in all cause mortality in the observational trials.

Dutasteride mesotherapy for many can be even more effective than oral finasteride given that it is only injected once every 3 months

Finasteride regrows more hair than dutasteride mesotherapy.

at a lower dosage preventing side effects

What if you’re part of the lucky 98% who don’t get any side effects on finasteride? What if you’re part of the group that faints when seeing a needle and hit your head?

However, rarely is standard of care ever correct, that is why we are on this forum discussing rapamycin and other treatments vs what our drs would recommend.

Standard care is usually correct but because aging is not considered a disease and preventive care is neglected in favor of treating ailments, it’s not sufficient, hence “experimental” drugs like rapamycin.

2 Likes

This here is an FYI for anyone interested in the Trading Post, which appears to have been removed from Discord:

Your account is receiving this notice due to participation in a server that violates our Community Guidelines.

Specifically, Trading Post promotes, encourages, or participates in illegal activities, including but not limited to providing a marketplace for or facilitating the dissemination of regulated goods.

Please be aware of the purposes of the servers you join. If servers you’re in are posting content or engaging in behavior that’s in violation of our Guidelines, we strongly suggest that you report the content and leave; otherwise, there may be situations where we take action on your account in the future.

Sincerely,
Discord Trust & Safety

I noted the threat. I went to remove myself from the server, and discovered that Discord had saved me the trouble.

1 Like

The ONLY cure for now is to implant them. I have a friend who has done it and his hair looks amazing, better and healthier than even when he had the original hair on (younger years). this could be because the hair in the back of one’s head is usually stronger and healthier. so, if I ever decided to do something about hairline, I already know what I need to do. My beef is mainly with grey hair, that I’d love to find a cure, other than coloring because I have yet to find someone that colors/dyes their hair and it looks natural/original.

1 Like

After waiting over 4 months I finally revieved items from group buy. But, when I went to Telegram to get instructions for items I could not find the Trading Post group anymore. Did Telegram remove it? I found a link in another thread and tried to rejoin the group, but a popup in Telegram told me I was banned by the admin. Why, don’t know. I only made a few posts.1 for a question, and 2 others when asked to clarify order. I would like to rejoin the group, and know why I was banned in the first place. Thanks.

Yes - I think so. Actually - it got banned on Discourse first… as you might expect. They don’t support that type of activity in their user agreement, and thats the message I got when I went back to that group at some point. I got my order a month or two ago, no problems. I’ve just been too busy to do anything with it yet.

Curious if anyone had success here?

1 Like

Has a new group buy been set up on Telegram or similar platform? Interested in BMS-202

Seconded. May someone help to explain how to use BMS-202? Topically? How much concentration, please? I Google it, it shows as a chemical not medical stuff, i am not supposed to drink it, right?

Create a topical mixture using 10% DMSO, 50% ethanol, 10% water, and 30% Transcutol, with BMS-202 at a concentration of 1mg per ml.

3 Likes

I am looking for DMSO, mostly on the Internet is for “lab use”, can it be used on the skin? Very much appreciated your explanation.

Yes, but with caution. Only pharmaceutical-grade DMSO should be used on the skin. Industrial-grade DMSO, which may contain impurities, is not safe for human use. Lower concentrations (less than or equal to 70%) are commonly used for applications to reduce the risk of irritation or side effects.

1 Like

Its a topical for use on scalp.

1 Like