Group Buy for Hair Loss, Gray Hair Reversal, and Anti-Aging

Hi guys, I’m part of a group researching male pattern baldness, and experimenting with various new compounds. We also have an interest in anti-aging in general. We are conducting a large group buy for various compounds that target hair loss from every angle, combining everything we have learned over the years. I was told that you guys might be interested in some of the things we are buying, mainly a compound that I believe will reverse gray hair more effectively than rapamycin. The compound is called BMS-202. It is a small molecule PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitor that can be applied topically.

PD-L1 regulates quiescence of melanocyte stem cells. PD-L1 inhibitors are in use for treating lung cancer. A very obvious side effect of the drug is hair repigmentation, as seen in this case report.

In this case series we report 14 patients with hair repigmentation during their anti–PD-1/anti–PD-L1 treatment for lung cancer.

This study came out earlier this year showing that melanocyte stem cells dedifferentiate after the hair cycle, and return to the bulge where they are quiescent until the next hair cycle. With each hair cycle, some of these McSCs get stuck in the bulge, and no longer migrate to the proliferating hair matrix. This preprint finds that quiescence of these melanocyste stem cells in the bulge is regulated by PD-L1 on the cell surface, and the longer they remain quiescent the harder they are to activate. mTOR actually primes them for activation. I would guess the reason rapamycin works despite that is because it also inhibits PD-L1.

At a minimum, we anticipate that PD-L1mem+ qMcSCs are a viable, in-situ population of deeply quiesced cells that have the potential to be targeted for improved tissue regeneration, which in this case means hair repigmentation. More broadly, evaluating the role of PD-L1 signaling by other G0 stem cell populations, like muscle stem cells (Figure 2e), is also warranted.

Here are pictures of men receiving PD-L1 antibodies during lung cancer treatment.

gr3-1-1

88155431_10156930905923341_3645772221726588928_n-1

we show that prolongevity intervention rapamycin downregulates PD-L1 in senescent cells. Last, we found that PD-L1 is upregulated in several tissues in naturally aged mice and in the lungs of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis patients. Together, our results report that senescence and aging are associated with upregulation of a major immune checkpoint molecule, PD-L1. Targeting PD-L1 may offer new therapeutic opportunities in treating senescence and age-associated diseases.

If anyone wishes to participate in the group buy, you can message me or join the group buy server on Discord. The price for BMS-202 is $75/300mg.

The other compound we are ordering that you all might be interested in is TM5614, a PAI-1 inhibitor. It is probably a better anti-aging drug than rapamycin. Amish people who are heterozygous for the gene encoding PAI-1 live 14 years longer than their brethren with normal PAI-1 levels.Some of us are on this drug already, and have noticed improved skin, improvement in psoriasis, less overall inflammation, improvement in glaucoma, and increased hair growth.

We are also ordering sapanisertib, a pan-mTOR inhibitor. This probably isn’t good for longevity if used chronically, but a short course of treatment might be beneficial now and then.

These are the compounds we are ordering for hair loss, with the price for the minimum order. We are also ordering KDS2010, a new MAOB inhibitor which increases fat metabolism. It is entering clinical trials for many neurodegenerative diseases and obesity. Another drug that some people have used successfully for AD, autism, and TBI, is ISRIB. We are ordering the improved version of that, ABBV-CLS-7262, which is in clinical trials for ALS. Also, we are ordering tadalafil, 3g for $3.

Some of these compounds could be very useful in the treatment of various cancers, diabetes, and AD. So if you know anyone who is suffering from those conditions, feel free to share with them.

11 Likes

Interesting! Thanks for posting. I’d like to read more about this, and will search around on the web to see what else I can learn. If anyone else finds some good papers, etc. please post.

I’m assuming you are doing a purchase from a lab supply house, or are you purchasing from an off-shore source (in which case, if you are doing it this way, are you doing any analytical chemistry / lab analysis to validate purity?).

Also, what is the rationale of using the BMS-202 compound over other other inhibitors that seem to be available - such as those below: Source: Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors and Their Side Effects | American Cancer Society

Monoclonal antibodies that target either PD-1 or PD-L1 can block this binding and boost the immune response against cancer cells.

PD-1 inhibitors

Examples of drugs that target PD-1 include:

• Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)
  • Nivolumab (Opdivo)
  • Cemiplimab (Libtayo)

PD-L1 inhibitors

Examples of drugs that target PD-L1 include:

• Atezolizumab (Tecentriq)
  • Avelumab (Bavencio)
  • Durvalumab (Imfinzi)
3 Likes

What I would say is that the level of science on hairDAO is quite high and I have learnt quite a bit about the science relating to hair from participating in their discord. The hairy matters videos with Ralf Paus are also quite good.

3 Likes
1 Like

TM5614 sounds interesting. What dosage, medium of delivery and frequency do you use?

All sounding good, would it be possible to order this drug only?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you can order any of the medications/compounds independently - but the best thing would probably be to jump on the Discord discussion and ask your question there - I think that is where they are dealing directly with questions on this type of issue.

go to the Discord channel below:

1 Like

Hi
This all sounds interesting. Pardon my ignorance but how are you managing dosing of things like ISRIB and BMS-202? Is there any data available on the dosages?

1 Like

History is rife with claims to cure baldness. The results have been mediocre at best.
Pattern baldness is even more problematic as it is gene-associated.
If you actually find a cure and can patent it, that is more than, “Look I have some more fuzzy hairs!” you will become very wealthy indeed.
Am I missing something? The pictures you are showing merely show a change in hair color one of which looks suspiciously fake.
Color me a skeptic.

1 Like

The drug is specifically affecting hair color and not balding. It seems to be a side effect seen in cancer patients with lung cancer. It doesn’t look as if they’re selling anything just documenting that it was a side effect. Personally, I think it’s really interesting.
I’m also confident we’ll find a cure for balding at some point in the future.

3 Likes

ISRIB has been used in some other trials i believe. It’s definitely an interesting compound.

If anyone else is interested:

2 Likes

Can we get Doxy-Myr?

1 Like

Here’s a list with all medication with a documented side effect of hair colour change

1 Like

Increasing acetyl-CoA levels in the cytosol results in follicles starting the anagen phase in a pigmented state, but if they are already unpigmented then they tend to stay like that. (whilst continuing to grow slightly more quickly).

I am not going to check all of them out, but Minoxidil is nearly worthless. It says right in the instructions, that it only works as long as you use it. I have had male pattern baldness since my late thirties and it does nothing for me. Maybe it will increase hair in a bald spot for some of the younger users, but none of them is a cure for baldness. If any of this crap worked, believe me, you wouldn’t see all of the bald men walking around.

2 Likes

The mechanism behind balding is well understood. DHT binds to androgen receptors on your hair follicles which leads to miniaturization and eventually scarring. This is why there are multiple studies showing that finasteride can maintain and even regrow hair over a 10 year period.

3 Likes

Interestingly the way it does this (for some reason or other) is that DHT in binding to the androgen receptors causes mitochondrial damage.

https://journals.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpcell.00205.2022

AIUI the real challenge is in reversing miniaturisation (which requires improvement of mitochondrial quality) that is why finasteride and other interventions can prevent hair loss, but have a struggle getting much hair regrowth.

2 Likes

Yeah, mainly fuzz. I don’t care that the mechanism behind balding is understood.
The so-called cures are meh at best. Not to mention the long-term cost of regrowing some fuzz.

Join here

Are there any human data for BMS-202?

2 Likes