What are the long-term risks of too many COVID boosters? [esp with all the LNPs they contain]

Impossible, how didn’t this guy get memecarditis?

1 Like

No, he’s an example to us all. This is what it takes to avoid the plague:

1 Like

And I thought my 5 boosters were an overkill. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, 5 qualifies as overkill

4 Likes

What is the correct number? Dying to hear.

Differentiating booster from two-shot starting process?

1 Like

Dying to hear? Seriously?
If you’re otherwise healthy and have had 2 or 3 shots or you’ve had Covid, you’re done.

How many flu shots?
Your implicit premise is that covid isn’t going to be seasonal and change over time.

1 Like

Flu and COVID have different properties. You can’t assume they are treated the same way. If, in the unlikely scenario that COVID makes a dramatic change, I will change my plan.
I recommend yearly flu shots in October +/-. Going without is probably fine for healthy people.

1 Like

I don’t know, there was a wave of covid last winter and it is probably mutating why the vaccines are updated. Do you still want to avoid covid vaccines seasonally even if there is a wave of infection?

Avoiding flu vaccine is associated with increased risk of dementia, so there is a case to be made to take it every year even if healthy. I took the updated covid booster and influenza vaccine last season, one in each arm.

I have no interest in arguing. I see Covid patients every day. I am up to date on all the literature. I stand by my opinion.
If you’ve had a few shots or if you’ve had Covid, your T cell system is perfectly capable of fighting COVID. There is no evidence that additional unproven Vaccines will help you.

6 Likes

And I have not said otherwise. The question is whether it is still worth it. IIRC it also helped with less dangerous variants.

The updated flu vaccines are unproven too, literally, and like I said earlier is associated with decreased risk of Alzheimer. Whether the same is true for covid I don’t know but viruses cause or is associated with many types of diseases.

What’s the differentiation you make between flu vaccines and covid?

If I were you I’d have done two in each arm, why only one lol. I thought it was already abundantly clear that Covid vaccine did NOT work, if anything it had some nasty side effects for a great deal of people who took it, some life altering and very long lasting. NO THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I’ll take a vaccine when the end result is it protects me from whatever I’m taking it against. A vaccine that MAY lessen the effects does NOT cut it for me.

3 Likes

They worked well, much better than getting covid and dying which happened for a lot of people who weren’t vaccinated.

5 Likes

Inbox today:

Recommendation came out a month ago, ICYMI:

1 Like

@AnUser I sometimes think you disagree just to disagree, but on the chance you actually are interested I will explain my position. This is only for healthy individuals.

Influenza; subtypes change significantly year to year so your immune may not recognize. It has a very short incubation period so it helps to have antibodies at the ready. There is some value to herd immunity. Because of these reasons I think it is of value to get a yearly flu shot but not early in the season or the antibodies will be gone before you’re exposed. Minimal downside to vaccines.

Covid: Current Covid has a mortality rate similar to the flu. It’s just not the same virus that killed so many in 2020. Subtypes change but major proteins do not and your body will recognize it. Incubation period is longer so your body has time to make antibodies. Vaccines do not appear to prevent infection or spread. Vaccines have potential downside- myocarditis in young men, and imprinting may be happening. If you have had 2 or 3 shots or if you had Covid, your T cells are ready. The only value of additional vaccines is short lived antibodies.

And the CDC unfortunately has gone from scientific organization to political organization, so it’s recommendations must be questioned.

7 Likes

Ultimately it is for me whether I trust the CDC and I do because every single time I have researched what government health agencies contrary to the contrarians say they have been right or have not gone far enough [i.e saturated fat, diet, sodium, cholesterol]. I don’t know if I will spend the time to research your claims.

A study done by CDC is way better than other sources.

1 Like

Hi @KarlT, I’m not worried about death risks personally, but rather optimizing healthspan and longevity.

What are your thoughts on long covid and especially the data on neurological, cardiovascular and metabolic risks and issues - so 3 of the big 4 - going up a lot after covid infections?

What are your thoughts on epigenetic aging clocks going up with covid infection?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Do you have any more recent study than 2021 and which only looked at those who’ve had covid infection compared to uninfected control?

There are no proper studies, all of them compare people with self reported long covid to some control but of course just about everyone has had covid by now