What are the long-term risks of too many COVID boosters? [esp with all the LNPs they contain]

Whether he’s intelligent is not the point here. Anyone who disputes that premise is of questionable intelligence himself. The point is whether he’s brilliant AND better informed on that sub field than 99% of the population. To me he clearly was. He was citing numbers and studies off the cuff and I had to pause the audio so I could look them up and they all panned out. The line of reasoning too was unobjectionable whenever he colored within the lines in his own field. If a respected former colleague whom the Atlantic is quoting as an authority in the field says he blew his chances at a Nobel prize by running his mouth, maybe he does have something to be bitter or jealous about. It would indeed be more noble minded of him to behave with complete stoic indifference toward the institutions that withheld him the recognition he deems himself to deserve. But that’s neither here nor there. I’m not saying I have full faith or any faith really in his conclusions. But he knew his shit well enough to at least be taken seriously and deserve a proper rebuttal if indeed he was talking out of his ass, instead of deplatforming. If I were 80 or unhealthy in any way my risk calculus would have been different. Being relatively young and doing just fine, I only really took the shot because I had to travel to Europe. I don’t feel the need to take additional boosters because I don’t think I need them. Let those who feel they need them take them. Let the rest of us be.

You probably think rapamycin extends lifespan or health span. So do I. But imagine now FORCING everyone to take it. We all must make our own choices with bounded epistemic insight. Nothing is certain.

1 Like

I guess a better question to whomever is asking is, why does it bother you that so few people get all the COVID boosters? Understanding the point of view of those who don’t get them seems beside the point. It seems to be about shaming them.

Some interesting data on age adjusted excess mortality in Florida vs California and Jersey. Florida’s elderly had nearly the same update as California’s in the 2 course vaccine. But Florida ranks as the 44th state in the union re: booster uptake whereas the other two states rank near the top.

Maybe there’s a U shaped response to this stuff too? :wink:

And I’ll leave unaddressed the question of why excess mortality is skyrocketing well after COVID is no longer the culprit.

1 Like

I deleted/edited some of my posts, I don’t want this to topic to go off-topic.

Does taking regular covid vaccines reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease/dementia?
That is the important question I think, then the risk/reward could be estimated.

Yes - please try to stay out of the weeds on vaccinations/covid, I think its become almost a religious discussion at this point. I don’t think anyone is convincing one another. I long ago checked out of the vaccination discussions.

3 Likes

IMO: There was a rush to judgment, so to speak, in that it took an emergency action to get a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine approved, which otherwise would have taken years to get approved.

There is no way, period, to know the long-term consequences of mRNA vaccines. Only time will tell. If you want something f**king with your genes, fine. Personally, I am going to wait before I get any more boosters. So, maybe the current side effects of the vaccines are uncommon, assuming that they are not vastly under-reported as conspiracy theorists claim. Some of the side effects are devastating if you happen to be one of the “unlucky few” who get them.

I certainly am not recommending not to get the vaccines or boosters. That is a personal decision each of us has to make.

“For the short‐term knowledge regarding adverse effects of mRNA vaccination, 16 our findings provide a comprehensive insight into the unfavorable sequel that has been reported and stratify them based on the different types of mRNA vaccines. This can be possibly helpful in better understanding and predicting the intricacies of mRNA vaccine inoculation.”

Note the use of the terms short-term and predicting the intricacies of mRNA vaccines.

In other words, they don’t know the long-term effects of the mRNA vaccines.

“Vaccine recommendations can be reviewed considering our analysis, highlighting the need for robust post‐marketing surveillance, especially for such events that can generate findings pivotal for future evaluations that establish the safety profile of the mRNA‐1273 (Moderna) and BNT162b2 (Pfizer−BioNTech). Mortality and adverse CV events require the attention of researchers to prevent complications in immunocompromised individuals.”

3 Likes

Yes, I realized I don’t really care, completely pointless discussion, covid is mostly over. I want to know how covid vaccines influence alzheimer’s risk etc.

3 Likes

Has definitely become a religious equivalent. Unfortunately it will not be “over” in our lifetimes just like the flu. I find it fascinating how it became so politicized.

Whether you get the vaccine or not, if you do get COVID, and it’s starting to get severe, please get treated. PAXLOVID does wonders. It stopped me from continually coughing up blood when I got COVID last April and stopped COVID from getting any worse (which it had been until I took PAXLOVID). Probably why I’m still here…

6 Likes

Now that NOVAVAX updated protein-based vaccine is approved what are peoples’ thoughts on that vs Moderna/Pfizer?

• difference in effectiveness?
  • Ang difference in safety for someone with risk of autoimmune flair-ups?
1 Like

If I were really forced to get a covid vaccine Valneva is the only one I’d consider not Novavax filled with toxic spike

Why are you worried about spike protein?

2 Likes

LNPs can induce myocarditis… [which DID happen in Thomas Schulz]

https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/JEhW3HDMKzekDShva/significantly-enhancing-adult-intelligence-with-gene-editing

Do some LNPs just bioaccumulate in cells and never get out? Even I’m starting to get concerned about all the boosters…

5 Likes

I had covid booster and influenza shot about three weeks ago. No side effects except fever etc for 1 or 2 days. Worth it. Have not been sick this season so far.

I avoid getting my HR up for about a week after vaccines.

1 Like

How about going with Novavax?

• seems to have a lot of other advantages too

Steven Fowkes replied to a comment.

Steven Fowkes

·

Igor Chudov makes a claim that a recently published study shows that mRNA vaccine sequences are reverse transcribed into DNA and inserted into human immune cells. This is not true. The cited study merely shows, as other studies have shown, that spike protein from mRNA vaccines continues to be produced long after vaccination, and that this might be associated with post-c@v!d syndrome. This is gross misrepresentation. The study merely quantifies proteins. DOI: 10.26355/eurrev_202312_34685.

3 Likes

I’d rather cut off a finger than get a single one of these shots in my arm.

2 Likes

What’s the differentiation you make between double-blind placebo controlled trials of vaccines with up to 40,000 people and medications you take that has a lower number?

2 Likes

Couldn’t help, and it is being noted on msn :

Largest Covid Vaccine Study Yet Finds Links to Health Conditions (msn.com)

1 Like

The viral-vector jabs were also tied to an increased risk of Guillain-Barre syndrome, a neurological disorder in which the immune system mistakenly attacks the peripheral nervous system.

This is the most concerning (just as infection/vaccination => autoimmunity is a concern)

[caveat PubPeer - Presence of viral spike protein and vaccinal spike protein i... ].

(the ampie creator really wanted me to use ampie for a reason…)

1 Like

Here, we report on a 62-year-old male hypervaccinated individual from Magdeburg, Germany (HIM), who deliberately and for private reasons received 217 vaccinations against SARS-CoV-2 within a period of 29 months

In summary, our case report shows that SARS-CoV-2 hypervaccination did not lead to adverse events and increased the quantity of spike-specific antibodies and T cells without having a strong positive or negative effect on the intrinsic quality of adaptive immune responses. While we found no signs of SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infections in HIM to date, it cannot be clarified whether this is causally related to the hypervaccination regimen. Importantly, we do not endorse hypervaccination as a strategy to enhance adaptive immunity.

Adaptive immune responses are larger and functionally preserved in a hypervaccinated individual, 2024

A person who took 217 vaccinations against COVID did not have any adverse events.

6 Likes