Rejuvenate Biomed’s drug combination (metformin & galantamine) for Sarcopenia: Personal Results

I will be taking this combination in the next few weeks and will report here. Sarcopenia is complex aging pathways and from I see- this is targeting many aging pathways and should extend lifespan and not for its potential indicated use. Beyond muscle mass, muscle strength, contractions, inflammation in muscle and systemically etc. To get to that result takes overcoming complex aging pathways and altering gene expression.

I’m currently taking metformin in two polypills- NS 0200 by “NuSIRT” and TRIM- thymus rejuvenation so I look at it as killing 3 birds with one stone, 3 potent polypills using one out of two active/ primary compounds for each.

NuSIRT is targeting obesity for FDA approval but as you can see from the name, the polypill metformin, sildalifil and leucine synergize activating AMPK, eNOS, Sirtuins- 1 and 3 etc. far greater than metformin, “resveratrol” combo which was hypothesized to activate SIRT1. To note resveratrol combined with leucine can significantly activate SIRT1.

My point here is for people to consider this polypill for aging target, not just sarcopenia treatment. Preventive is the best measure and that’s exactly its potential as Nir barzilai states in a presention of Biomeds. I cannot stress this enough.

3 Likes

Is this product being commercially sold now? I just googled it, looks interesting:

1 Like

No it’s not, I’m honestly not sure what has stalled progression. Could be competition hitting the market, GLP-1, GIP agonists, but it meets primary endpoints on efficacy and have greater safety profile then GLP-1, far less sides.

Very interesting, indeed. Consider listening to professor Michael Zemel, leading the research, incredibly bright.

I buy each separately and take them together. I’ve been two years on it, the polypill has been one of the best things I’ve taken.

I am not conceived of what we think we presently know of metformin and risks indicated for aging. After seeing the synergy with galantamine, I’m convinced metformin will have a positive net on the average, especially with leucine and sildenafil.

Obviously, I have a strong bias which should be considered.

@Madhacker I just wanted to check in to see how your test was going? Any results to report back on the combination of Metformin and galantamine?

2 Likes

Very interesting. In the NuSirt article-Any idea what the dosages (didn’t see any listed) used would translate to in humans?

Madhacker, how would I buy NS 0200? Would it be possible to take each component of that polypill separately to obtain the same result? Based on the details below, it seems easy to replicate. I am primarily concerned with sarcopenia and preserving muscle mass.
Study design:
We conducted a 24-week randomized controlled trial evaluating the effect on weight loss of leucine 1.1 g and sildenafil 1.0 mg or 4.0 mg, with and without metformin 500 mg (Leu/Sil 1.0, Leu/Sil 4.0, Leu/Met/Sil 1.0, and Leu/Met/Sil 4.0 twice/day). We enrolled 267 participants who were 18-65 years of age without diabetes and with the body mass index (BMI) of 30-45 kg/m2.

1 Like

I’m also going to be adding 4mg galantamine to my evening 500mg Metformin. Will also update at end of May.

4 Likes

I had ordered galantamine internationally at the time I wrote that. I’ve been tracking in the mail and I should be picking it up week. I’ll keep you posted when I start, I will be measuring specific markers before & after as well.

4 Likes

All human trials luckily, repurposing existing compounds of which we know the safety and efficacy-

Polypill is taken twice daily (bid)

Metformin 500mg
Leucine 1.2g
sildenafil 4mg

I buy each separately and take them together.

1 Like

You can buy the polypill at “Empower Compounding Pharmacy” but of course there will be a margin on that. See link below.

https://www.empowerpharmacy.com/

As you mention, it’s easy to duplicate so that’s exactly what I do. If you’re American, I would consider buying offshore at internationaldrugmed.com or another user friendly platform that accepts credit cards.

To note: Do not buy slow release as we need the serum level for each compound to increase equally, to have the desired outcome.

“Concerned about sarcopenia”- you can PM me and we can go over your potential risks. Taking metformin with leucine leads to a dose reduction of 66% which translates to requiring a smaller amount of the drug to utilize its metabolic qualities; Greater efficacy and less risks.

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Resistance Training: The muscle miracle: can I build enough in my 60s to make it to 100 – even though I’ve never weight-trained?

No, it’s only shown with galantamine. With that said, NS 0200 leads to a decrease in metformin dose- 500mg bid increasing efficacy by roughly 66%.

@Krister_Kauppi His thoughts on how the recent galantamine discovery (its surprising muscle building effect in conjunction with metformin) would change the picture for metformin.

1 Like

My little rant of the day: It really, really pisses me off that galantamine was available for decades from various nootropics suppliers and Amazon. Now a prescription is required.
I still have a small stock, but in the future I will have to outsource it from India

6 Likes

What recent galantamine discovery? I must have missed that. Any link to share?

This one: Rejuvenate Biomed’s drug combination (metformin & galantamine) shows promise in sarcopenia in Phase 1b trial

1 Like

I just read an article not 2 months old according to which the Amazon sources of galantamine were mostly bogus—some only contained a tiny fraction of the compound, others were bacterially contaminated. I don’t know if this led to a “voluntary recall” or what, as I’d still doubt the FDA can do anything about it. But from reading that article I concluded that I’d probably not want to risk it and opt for a prescription version of the generic anyway, if I wanted to try it.

2 Likes

This is the brand I am using and you can see it was available from Amazon as late as January 2024.

I originally bought it for some experiments in lucid dreaming I was doing. This is the real deal from a supplement supplier, owner of Relentless Improvement—19 years in the business.

Business Started:12/1/2004 Fully credited featured supplier from Longecity and Reddit nootropic users.

I think he started the business to get the nootropics he was personally involved in taking. ( This is just my opinion after reading some of the comments he has made}

This is also one of the few supplements I have taken that had immediate results.

This is a very psychoactive substance.

Taken before bedtime;

4 mg = full-color dreams

8 mg = Vivid full-color dreams

8 mg + 4mg, when you wake in the middle of the night, causes extremely vivid and realistic dreams. You know the kind that is so real that you don’t realize it is just a dream

Interestingly, it has no discernible effect when I take it in the daytime before noon, except to enhance cognition a little bit.

5 Likes

Definitely on my to-try list. Given the timing of the disappearance of all Amazon suppliers outside the pharmacy, pretty sure it had to do with this:

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/galantamine-supplements-found-mislabeled-contaminated-2024a10003ve?form=fpf

Probably Amazon kicked them all off for PR reasons though it’s BS as at least some of the tested brands were legit so they should have just specified which.

2 Likes

Galantamine can be bought in Russia with a prescription. Usually they do not ask for a prescription there.
www.eapteka.ru/goods/drugs/neurology/other/galantamin_kanonfarma/

2 Likes