Chelation therapy for heart disease

I’m going to try to explain what I’ve learned about chelation. Maybe I’ll finally figure out how to use the buttons above what I’m typing.

This is what you get after a chelation “challenge”. Three hours of EDTA IV, then collect urine for 6 hours. Mix up the urine and send in a small sample in a tube. The units are in micrograms/gram of creatinine. I wondered how they would know my hydration level, this could make a big difference.

My mother loved fiesta dishes. It turns out they have waaay over the limit of lead and even uranium. They were antique but she used what she liked and she liked them. This is the only place I can figure out it may have come from.

Heart disease is correlated with heavy metals in the blood:

EDTA 4X4.pdf (594.1 KB)

Hope that worked, it doesn’t show it here to me. The problem with chelation is that it strips out several metals that you want and need. Copper, magnesium, calcium, even iron, so you do is slowly (once a week) and take vitamin and mineral supplements throughout. This study did a 4X4 with EDTA+supplements,EDTA+placebo,placebo+supplements,placebo+placebo:

5 Likes

I was afraid that wouldn’t work.

All cause mortality was
108 for EDTA+vitamins
114 for EDTA+placebo
122 for placebo+vitamins
139 for placebo+placebo

So EDTA appears to work both for cardiovascular and all cause mortality.

The next paper I found interesting because of the effect on blood pressure:

https://sci-hub.wf/10.3109/15376516.2012.730562

Blood Pressure

Heavy metals have an effect on blood pressure.

2 Likes

One last paper on this:

https://sci-hub.wf/10.1016/j.jtemb.2014.10.001

The introduction did a great job explaining this whole thing better than most other papers I’ve read. Page 5 says:

Thus, endogenous low molecular weight compounds such as cysteine, arginine, glutamate, citrate and glutathione, as well as proteins are metal-binding agents.

Page 7 says DMSA also binds to proteins, mostly albumin and is excreted in the urine. Doesn’t sound good to me, but apparently not a huge problem.

Page 10 and 11 are really hard on EDTA, pretty much saying it’s from the stone age and DMSA is the drug of choice. The problem with it being that it takes out the copper 55 times as fast as anything else, so be careful there.

3 Likes

One more paper that shows the difference between oral DMSA and EDTA IV:

This is from Riordan Clinic. It looks like DMSA is the way to go and it is not sold in the US. I found some on Ebay and ordered it, hope it gets here.

2 Likes

This is a recent video by him and it covers the effect of lead on heart disease, also he talks a bunch about cholesterol crystals.

1 Like

I apologize if you addressed this in a different thread but did you follow through with the chelation therapy? If so, did you notice any benefits or see any positive results through testing?

I did 6 EDTA and 15 DMSA, so about a week and a half ago I did a repeat challenge to see how much it is different from the initial one. Should be back any day and I’ll post it here.

Now I’m just doing 1 gram DMSA once a week until I get the result.

Any update on results?

1 Like

I went from a lead of 12 to a lead of 8. They are kind of busy there and act like they don’t have to send me a copy. I need to find a different place.

12 is what the treatment is removing, so 8 means I’m getting less efficient. Less bang for each gram.

My new plan is to do a gram of DMSA weekly. Going long and slow is better for a couple reasons. They say you get better yield by waiting a bit because the lead needs to diffuse into the area of treatment where it can be removed.

This doesn’t make sense to me but they have numbers, so it must be true. Don’t I get blood to every cell in my body? How far does it need to move? Why would it move? Never mind.

Low and slow is better because it takes good minerals too and I need to constantly resupply. I can’t believe my ferritin went from 300 to 73 just in this short time. Probably a good thing for me but some would not like that.

2 Likes

That’s very good to know. I just increased my ferritin from 18 in early March to 101 at the end of April.

Did you happen to measure any other metals, such as mercury?

Top of this page is my Mercury, it’s really low. Yes, I did the same test again and had to call them and ask for it, they acted like they would send it right out. It never came. I called again and got the owner, she’s there all the time, said she’d take care of it…read me some of the stuff off of it, then it’s been days and no email.

1 Like

I see in some of your posts, you have a higher cac score than you would like. I am fascinated to see how that would be effected by the chelation therapy.

Retest for that is January when they have a special sale on the CAC at the local hospital.

Finally got here:

Aluminum was actually up from 10 to 18, suspicious
Barium went up too from 15 to 18, no procedures done
Cadmium and cesium went up
nickel and thorium almost doubled
Uranium went down about like lead.

It makes no sense that so many of them went up by so much. I’m going to be optimistic and say that my hydration or some other thing made them all go up, but lead and uranium had gone down by so much that it got drowned out.

Any other ideas?

1 Like

By the way, I’d really appreciate follow-up posts on this. In particular, I’d like to know if chelation reduces your cac score. I have read that the therapy should be combined with tetracycline for best effect - is that part of your therapy?

Big new trial showing no effect of chelation therapy. Author’s theory is that only those with high amounts of lead in their system would benefit, and lead has been decreasing since the original TACT1 trial. Also, all the other cardio meds being used now might have masked any would-be benefit. Bottom line is that even in diabetic patients post-MI, chelation therapy had no effect and is both expensive and quite time-consuming.

2 Likes

I did notice this trial. It’s people who have had MI and diabetes and median age is 67, they did it for 40 weeks. Mean hba1c is 7.5. These are very sick old people and they more than doubled the amount of chelation I did.

I wonder whether taking out the calcium does anything good for you at all. Mine aren’t plugged and it probably stabilizes the plaque. I think it’s great to get rid of the lead, aluminum cadmium, nickel…it didn’t really do that though for me yet

It appears that their test is not very accurate on actual quantity, but is probably on proportion.

In this paper:

https://sci-hub.wf/10.1016/j.jtemb.2014.10.001

They are really hard on EDTA unless you are poisoned. DMSA not so much, it is the chelator of choice. The other thing is that EDTA takes lots of time and money and you can’t afford it. EDTA can put the lead into your brain, DMSA is proven to take lead from the brain. Lots of things convince me to continue to slowly use DMSA to reduce lead and uranium. I’d like my uranium to be zero.

1 Like

FWIW

The medical book{for Medical Doctor’s] is ;

“A Textbook on EDTA Chelation Therapy: Second Edition / Edition 2”
by Elmer M. Cranton MD

Mg EDTA is what should be used for treating Arteriosclerosis.

Arteriosclerosis

“Arteriosclerosis is similar to atherosclerosis, but instead of fatty deposits hardening the artery walls, calcium deposits do so.”.

1 Like

They had sodium or calcium EDTA. They said sodium is for people with heart disease, so that was what they gave me. I didn’t really do that much of the EDTA, 6 total. Nobody mentioned Mg.