Chelation therapy for heart disease

No, I didn’t know tetracycline was such a good chelator. It is really good for iron and also pretty good for calcium according to what I read last night.

Thanks for mentioning it.

The Lamas study did not address their diabetes, from which one could conclude that eliminating lead and cadmium from the bloodstream does not help you much if you still have diabetes.

I wonder whether taking out the calcium does anything good for you at all.

If your arteries are clogged then it should.

This paper claims that EDTA chelation can reverse calcification; " Calcifications disappeared completely in 62.5% of the patients in the study group and partially in 22.5%; calcifications partially disappeared in only 15% of the patients in the control group, and none displayed a complete disappearance."

Efficacy of reversal of aortic calcification by chelating agents - PMC (nih.gov)

Another interesting claim in the paper is that calcification is caused by nanobacteria and therefore tetracycline should be used as part of the chelation therapy in order to kill the nanobacteria. Appears that the Lamas study did not use any antibiotics which may have contributed to the ineffective result.

I’m not personally committed to any of these hypotheses - I don’t know enough to say - but I think they’re worth considering.

1 Like

I did buy doxycycline 50mg from india last time and have not started taking them yet. I know they inhibit MMP and are supposed to be good for heart disease, but didn’t know completely why. These papers help. I don’t like the idea of taking it long term, I’m taking so much goofy stuff already.