The Carnivore Diet and Rapamycin

My comments on this thread were just for fun and had no clue who this dude is, nor the fact that he is vegetarian.
BTW I’m not a carnivore, I’d love to be for couple month (to lose some weight) but for some reason I can’t do more than seven days max on meat alone. The craving for vegetables becomes unbearable to me after 5-6 days on meat only, and always end up breaking my carnivore journey within the first week. I would love to do at least one month but would never suggest a carnivore only diet. i do however eat a diet of about 70-80% animal protein and healthy fats (mainly organic butter and organic EVOO). the rest is mainly organic veggies and fruits (about 20%). Finally, I am way too grown up to take offense of anything someone would say on internet.

2 Likes

I’m not going to write a long reply or argue because my point is this discussion is irrelevant and derailing a thread about a diet. If I posted a picture of my body and said see my diet is obviously the best you would see through that logic straight away.

1. I didn’t mention anything about him being vegetarian but good you know he is.

2. You happened to be the most recent poster who replied about the photos hence I replied to you. Not everything I said was aimed at you.

3. Glad you didn’t take any offence, none was meant.

Hope your diet works well for you!

2 Likes

I think he looks normal. It’s just proportions of the picture that’s odd.

2 Likes

If your doctor or dietitian is fat or unhealthy you should ignore them. I mean, whatever their advice is, obviously isn’t working for them, right?

2 Likes

Obviously even self destructing people can give good advice.

1 Like

Thanks, So far the only problem i have is the fact that i find it hard to lose weight, and I lose very fast if on carnivore alone, but as mentioned I have not been able to go more than 7 days carnivore only. All my biomarkers are 100% in the normal range and have NEVER taken any medication (other than experimenting with some mentioned on these boards).Yes, so far, my diet has worked just fine for me, and I see no reason to change.

1 Like

It’s truly morbidly amusing to look at a video like this and reading the comments, an alternate reality. The podcast hosts think they will get away with it by saying a medical disclaimer and laughing like gluttonous attention seeking pigs that got away with the crime of leading their fellow pigs to slaughter. They will not. Everyone will pay in the end.

There will always be frauds who want to make easy money by going against the mainstream and deluded contrarians who listen to them.

3 Likes

That’s true, and there has always been.

For the carnivores in the crowd… Steven Horvath answers a question about how quantity of vegetable intake correlates strongly (in an inverse way) with the GrimAge mortality risk predictor clock (i.e. risk for early death). Perhaps something to consider… see this video, queued up to the exact question:

3 Likes

Still correlation only, health conscious people tend to eat lots of vegetables (because that is the advice) and people eating lots of vegetables generally don’t eat a lot of crap. Also it could be that high bètacarotene levels correspond to high vitamin A levels, so consuming vitamin A directly from animal foods could be even more beneficial…

3 Likes

A correlation is a correlation, but is there any data that suggest high meat consumption is good for health?

2 Likes

Greger really needs to pick up some weights for both his sake and the sake of his message. And I say this as a disciple :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He needs to lose bodyfat, gain lean mass and shave off the remainder of his hair and become Attia 2.0.
Regardless of how evidence-based ones message is, if you don’t look healthy you’re not going to convince people to follow your advice.

3 Likes

It’s deliberate probably. He’s into protein restriction to reduce mTOR and IGF-1. It would be inconsistent to look otherwise. I don’t think he is a lazy dude. It might not be a dumb idea to hit LEV provided it feels good.

2 Likes

He can at least try to reduce his bodyfat and get rid of that horseshoe. It’s like he wants to make himself into an easy target for ad hominem attacks from the keto crowd.

1 Like

I’d say Michael Gregor is pretty much a quack regardless and he’s not good to take advice from in general.
He has strange opinions on pharma, stents, vegetable oils, fish, erythritol, etc.

1 Like

Can you give a little summary?

Xanthelasma development (high blood LDL)

https://twitter.com/professionaldog/status/1747552802816037176

1 Like

Carnivore influencer reveals that he has been eating carbs for the past two years:

https://twitter.com/AlpacaAurelius/status/1751350785202438486

Anyway, lots of anecdotes here, but of course the evidence is still clear that apoB needs to be managed.

“We are going to see a huge uptick in cardiovascular disease in 20-30 years” - Dr. Mohammed Alo

Wow! A person on the carnivore diet is now weaponizing SGLT2 inhibitors for their cause. It took about 30 minutes of reading for me to conclude that the glucose lowering has no relation to the cardiovascular benefits. That was long ago before I knew about this video. (In the excellent SGLT2 inhibitor thread: Canagliflozin - Another Top Anti-aging Drug)

If you listened to Shawn Baker for advice before and you are read up on SGLT2 inhibitors now you know how good he is at research.