Start Rapamycin with Abnormal CBC?

Would it be safe for my husband and I to start taking Rapamycin with low RBC/WBC? My husband’s RBC is low at 4.99 range is 4.14-5.80.
Hemoglobin is low at 12.8, range is 13.0-17.7.
His WBC is 4.0, range is 3.4-10.8. When he was on Rapa in 2022, his WBC dropped even lower to 2.9.
My values are about the same. We both take Life Extension Vitamin B complex 3x week. I don’t know what to do, since Rapa lowers WBC, and, if I am not mistaken, it also lowers Hemaglobin and RBC, which both dropped when he was on it before.

RBC is almost exactly in the middle of the range. You want WBC to be low, that’s good. Take a look at this little program:

https://biomarkeroptimizers.com/tools/test-results-analyzer/

Just put the biomarker you want to look at in the box and the graph shows the best place to be according to the study listed.

Nothing is completely safe, but you look healthy to me.

3 Likes

Thanks. Contrary to what I thought, according to several studies, “RBC, Hb, and hematocrit levels increased significantly” due to rapa. However, a few other studies found that rapa lowers it, so we wll begin Rapa again and monitor levels. Hopefully being on Rapa will raise hemoglobin, since he has to be on Losartan, which lowers hemoglobin.