Peter Diamandis Longevity Protocol: Weekly 6mg Rapamycin + 100 mg Doxycycline

@Agetron you still doing Doxycycline 200mg with your Rapa dose 100 day and 100 night or all together? I am going to do this too since I now have a bionic hip. Figure it should negate the risks of rogue bacteria inhabiting my prosthesis.

1 Like

Changes in Gut Microbiota Induced by Doxycycline …

by I Robles-Vera · 2021 · Cited by 6 — Doxycycline Treatment Improved Intestinal Integrity, Colonic Inflammation and Reduced Endotoxemia and Plasma Noradrenaline in DOCA-Salt Rats.

1 Like

Yes, I still take 200 mg on the day of my rapamycin dose.Yes, a 100 mg pill in morning and 100 mg at bedtime.

Pretty healthy… skin heals rapidly when injured. Open cut to gone in 5-7 days.

If you at this subclinical dose can see an increase in doxy-resistant bacteria and a decrease in friendly bífidus bacteria, I think it bodes bad for chronicle use at therapeutic dosage. It’s prescribed for youngster with severe Acne, but I don’t see it as proof for that it’s without side effects. Maximal treatment length against acne should be 3-4 months because the risk of developing resistente bacteria.

Doctors are probably prescribing doxy quite frivolously, because there already are a lot of of resistant bacteria circulating, knowing that they have heavier (as still effective broad spectrum) weapons in their arsenal.

I for sure know that i won’t volunteer to become a vessel for growing these resistente bacteria in my gut.

But each to their own. :blush:

4 Likes

I have been on the 6mg Rapa plus 100mg Doxcycline regime for about 4 months (almost immediately once I learnt about this).

The reason I was so quick to jump on this was twofold (I also have MS):

1. Doxycycline Treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Synopsis: Addition of doxycycline to interferon-beta therapy in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis might improve control of inflammatory lesions.

1. Rapamycin Plus Doxycycline Combination Affects Growth Arrest and Selective Autophagy-Dependent Cell Death in Breast Cancer Cells

The rapamycin + doxycycline combination decreased tumour proliferation in about 2/3rd of the investigated cell lines. The continuous treatment reduced tumour growth significantly both in vivo and in vitro.

6 Likes

I should have thought of this sooner. About a third of my femur plus my entire knee are mostly stainless steel (I had chondrosarcoma) and a big concern is infection which - if it gets to the implant - is Very Bad.

Thanks for the insight!

2 Likes

Affordable Rifaximin/Rapamycin, Rybelsus,SIBO Discussions

Point by point analysis by Richard.

3 Likes

It sounds like he’s dropped the doxycycline he was taking with rapamycin.

I also found this interesting:

And his current protocol:

Longevity Practices_27Nov23.pdf (658.2 KB)

5 Likes