Panel for oxidized LDL?

Reporting on a Nine Month Self-Experiment in Taurine Supplementation – Fight Aging! (they used it to test taurine)

• Taurine: 43.6 to 114.9 umol/L (reference range is 29.2-132.3 umol/L)
  • Oxidized LDL: 105 to 82 ng/mL (reference range is 10-170 ng/mL)
3 Likes

Interesting. I wonder how much of the rise in blood taurine was related to the lack of animal protein intake prior to supplementation (“vegetarian”).

And here is @ConquerAging with the answer published 15 minutes ago:

It looks like the starting taurine level was very low.

1 Like

LP(a) is 16 which is green

IDK what the hell happened with the particle sizes but I’ll get my nexlizet soon

2 Likes

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9833976/

My oxLDL is not the lowest but still below average. Still, my sdLDL is very very high, damnit. Statins may not remove it

Also my nexlizet might have gotten stuck, fuck

I’m not going to panic now but I definitely need to get eztimbe sooner than later

I’m definitely going to have to cut back on beans until I get the nexlizet

I’ve often thought that MUFAs don’t count as calories the same way as other calories do…

2 Likes

To convert 1409 nmol/l of LDL into apoB (apolipoprotein B), we need to understand the relationship between LDL and apoB.

LDL particles contain a single apoB-100 molecule, which is a large protein that wraps around the lipid core of the LDL particle. Therefore, the molar concentration of LDL particles is equal to the molar concentration of apoB.

Given:

• LDL concentration = 1409 nmol/l

Since each LDL particle contains one apoB molecule, the molar concentration of apoB is the same as the molar concentration of LDL.

apoB concentration = LDL concentration
apoB concentration = 1409 nmol/l

To express the apoB concentration in mg/dL, we need to multiply the molar concentration by the molecular weight of apoB and convert the units.

The molecular weight of apoB is approximately 550,000 Daltons (Da) or 550,000 grams per mole.

Step 1: Calculate the mass concentration of apoB in g/l.
Mass concentration of apoB = Molar concentration of apoB × Molecular weight of apoB
Mass concentration of apoB = (1409 × 10⁻⁹ mol/l) × (550,000 g/mol)
Mass concentration of apoB = 0.77495 g/l

Step 2: Convert g/l to mg/dl.
1 g/l = 100 mg/dl
0.77495 g/l = 0.77495 × 100 mg/dl = 77.495 mg/dl

Therefore, 1409 nmol/l of LDL is equivalent to approximately 77.495 mg/dl of apoB.

1 Like

This is not TOO concerning yet. But it’s the particle sizes

To convert 817 nmol/l sdLDL (small dense Low-Density Lipoprotein) to mg/dL, we need to use the molecular weight of LDL.

The molecular weight of LDL can vary, but on average, it is approximately 2.5 million Daltons (Da) or 2,500,000 grams per mole.

Given:

• sdLDL concentration = 817 nmol/l
  • Molecular weight of LDL ≈ 2,500,000 g/mol

Step 1: Convert nmol/l to mol/l.
817 nmol/l = 817 × 10⁻⁹ mol/l

Step 2: Calculate the mass concentration in g/l using the molecular weight.
Mass concentration = Molar concentration × Molecular weight
Mass concentration = (817 × 10⁻⁹ mol/l) × (2,500,000 g/mol)
Mass concentration = 2.0425 g/l

Step 3: Convert g/l to mg/dl.
1 g/l = 100 mg/dl
2.0425 g/l = 2.0425 × 100 mg/dl = 204.25 mg/dl

Therefore, 817 nmol/l sdLDL is approximately equivalent to 204.25 mg/dl.

Ugh I think I’m going to semaglutide and go high MUFA soonish to test

LDL-cholesterol (LDL-C) concentrations. Several large clinical studies have shown that lipid-lowering therapy is effective in the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease.5,6 One mechanism that prevents cardiovascular disease when statins are used is the reduction of total LDL particle concentration, including small, dense LDL and large, buoyant LDL.7 Statins potentially lower all LDL subclasses (large, medium, and small particles); therefore, the net effect of statins on LDL particle size is often null or, at most, only moderate.8 Although statins clearly decrease total LDL particle concentration, it is unclear whether statins can affect the proportion of small, dense LDL.

In addition, there is still controversy regarding whether statins decrease the small, dense LDL subfraction and increase the LDL peak particle size.9–11 High-carbohydrate diets in Korea possibly contribute to higher TG levels and to the formation of small LDL particles.12 However, there have been no reports regarding the effect of statins on the proportion of small, dense LDL in the Korean population. Therefore, we examined the effect of statins on LDL subfractions and on the proportion of small, dense LDL in this population.

first modification in LDL particles, conferring its atherogenic properties, is the loss of acid sialic residues (desialylation) in the apolipoprotein B (apoB), which is then fol

Phenotype B

I did eat some almonds in previous days prior to draw but still mostly carbs most days

And ugh adiposity can be a cause but I’m the opposite of that

1 Like

My challenge with walnuts is stopping with ½ cup. Eventually, inevitably, I end up eating 2 cups a day. Then I start adding excess fat to my challenges.

Ugh I’m getting more EPA and DHA

vegan based because every time I do fish oil, I lapse due to disgust. It’s not worth it, vegan alternatives are cheap enough

Ok my levels are at the 1st tertile of oxidized ldl, but I HAVE HIGH LDL so there’s still increased risk (even though sdLDL doesn’t increase risk)

Also every tertile has low lp a levels

Ugh my fucking nexlizet better not be confiscated at fucking customs.

1 Like

If we don’t turn into paperclips you should be worried about that LDL, I was worried about my apoB even at 39 mg/dl, I started ezetimibe 10 mg too… Have to prevent atheroschlerosis. Just say “No!” to it.

I’m taking statins briefly for now ugh.

What are the cheapest sources of eztimbe or nexlizet you can find

Can’t you just get a prescription for ezetimibe meanwhile?

Doctors are ultra Conservative

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7278738/

I don’t read MDPI papers, I’ve seen too much crap there, not saying that one specifically isn’t good though.

Alternatively rob a pharmacy:

1 Like

What the hell

Took a break from rapamycin for a while, intermittently taking statins (not every day) and my markers are worse