Help test SGLTi /Canagliflozin via AgelessRx short, free, mini trial

From AgelessRx - re SGLTi mini trial ahead of hopefully adding to their product offering.

(SGLTi is one of the best performing compounds in the NIH/NIAs ITP).

We have started the recruitment process and you are invited to participate in an exclusive 2-week study that examines the efficacy and tolerability of Canagliflozin on glucose biomarkers. We are offering 20 interested patients access to 1-week of Canagliflozin Rx, Urine Test Kits, and a Continuous Glucose Monitor, and will provide you with your urine glucose and average glucose biomarker results.

I just had my screening call for this (very quick and simple) and think I’m going to do it.

Seems like a great way to help the movement forward. If AgelessRx (a) publishes on SGLTi’s use in healthy individuals, even if very short study, (b) they demonstrate that half / eod dosing is works re the glucose modulation part, and especially (c) they as a leading, mainstream longevity medicine provider start offering Cana (or other flozin) as part of their services/products it could help generate much more interest for SGLTi as a gerotherapy…. (and may lead to HealthSpan and other competitors following suit and that driving even more interest as they both do social media marketing, etc)

… anyone else interested?

you would do everything from home, they send you the things home and everything is covered by them/no cost to you.

Everyone does both a treatment week and a control week - so you are guaranteed to test Cana, not risk that you are only in some control arm.

The main exclusion criteria is to not be taking another glucose lowering med (Acar, Metformin, GLP-1a).

To show interest/sign-up just send a one sentence email to: research@agelessrx.com

(I have no affiliation, just think this is important for our mission and the longevity field).

#Whole email from AgelessRx:

We have started the recruitment process and you are invited to participate in an exclusive 2-week study that examines the efficacy and tolerability of Canagliflozin on glucose biomarkers. We are offering 20 interested patients access to 1-week of Canagliflozin Rx, Urine Test Kits, and a Continuous Glucose Monitor, and will provide you with your urine glucose and average glucose biomarker results.

What does it mean to participate?

Participation in this study is free! You will receive a 1x Continuous Glucose Monitor, 4x Urine Test Kits, and 1x week of Canagliflozin Rx. During the study, we ask that you measure blood pressure readings, answer online surveys, complete urine test kits, wear a continuous glucose monitor, and document your macronutrients during the study. Don’t worry– we’ll provide you with everything you need, right to your door.

What is Canagliflozin?

Canagliflozin, commonly known as Invokana, is an FDA-approved medication used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It belongs to the class of sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors. The drug works by inhibiting glucose reabsorption in the kidneys, promoting its excretion through urine, thereby lowering blood sugar levels. Similar to rapamycin, canagliflozin performed favorably at extending lifespan in mice in the Interventions Testing Program (ITP). Read more about that here.

In our study, we aim to explore the efficacy and tolerability of canagliflozin in healthy individuals when administered intermittently.

How can I get started?

Act fast! This study will only enroll 20 individuals (but will pave the way for future projects).

Click Here to Take The Next Step

*Please note that individuals based in these states will not be available to participate in this study: AL, AR, KY, LA, MS, NC, ND, NY, and SC.

Thank you for your time.

Kindly,

The AgelessRx Project Team

Their email to show interest and sign up (after a short intro call) is: research@agelessrx.com

5 Likes

Thanks for the info!
Waiting for my screening call.

2 Likes

Quick heads-up that they are still enrolling a few last participants if someone want to join.

(I’ve received my testing kits and the medicine and will soon begin).

2 Likes

I had my screening call today.

2 Likes

Ugh didn’t email until today

rushed the screening call and got it!

@Neo I got enrolled in the trial too.
As it’s hypothesized that’s it’s the ketones production increase that has a major role in the longevity effects of canagliflozin, I will also measure my ketones levels in addition to the glucose levels.

1 Like

Great. Perhaps I should do that also. What will you use to measure and what protocol will you use?

(which the continuous kentone monitor that Abbot is developing would be avaialbe

or are you in Europe, then you could use this:

Continuous Ketone Monitor (SiBio))

1 Like

I use a keto-mojo which measures glucose and ketones.
I also use a biosense breath ketones meter

2 Likes

How accurate do you find the breath meter?

Initially it was terrible and totally unstable but after several firmware version it started to become much more reliable and repeatable. It now correlates with the keto-mojo.In my opinion there is no need to be super accurate for ketones as I mostly want to know if I’m barely in ketones (like 0.5) and should reduce my carbs or if I’m full on burning fat and in full ketosis (> 2). The highest I’ve seen was 4.3.
When I first got the ketones sensors I was really depressed to always get 0. Took me a few months to start reaching 0.1~0.2 and almost 1 year before reaching 2.
Now even if I eat carbs I stay in mild ketosis if I don’t do it for too long.

1 Like

Cool, thank you, appreciate it.

What values of glucose concentration in urine did you all get?

I got over 2100 mg/dl on day1 AND day2 which is the maximum detectable amount by rupa. IDK how much higher it can get

That’s 2.1g/dl which isn’t that much calorie wise

It sounds high but actually isn’t that high

Assuming you pee out one liter per day, that’s… 21grams -
2100*10/1000 g - of glucose per day. 21 grams is… 84 calories… I probably peed out more but I don’t know how much more

Which is still consistent with my CGM levels not decreasing that much (it averaged 97 the second week, and 100 the first week).