Confused About Latest Blood Results After One Month on Rapamycin

I’ve checked the Forums for similar topics/subjects related to WBC, RBC, and bilirubin, and couldn’t find anything, so I am starting a new topic.

Based on annual blood work, including tests conducted immediately prior to initiating Rapamycin therapy, my white blood cell count (WBC), red blood cell count (RBC), and bilirubin levels have consistently remained within a narrow and normal range over the past ten years. However, following the commencement of Rapamycin, there were significant alterations in these blood results, which reverted to their normal values upon cessation of the drug. No other medications or supplements were introduced or discontinued during this period, suggesting a strong correlation between these changes and Rapamycin administration.

My Rapa dose was 2 mg/week for four weeks. I did blood work just prior to starting Rapa, took four 2 mg pills (prescribed by Ageless RX), and then took blood work one week after my last dosage. I stopped Rapa, and then took blood work again 5 weeks after my last dosage. So all blood changes seem to be a result of the Rapa.

I’m looking for some perspective.

My WBC went from 5.2 (it’s been about 5.2 for 10 years), just prior to Rapa, to 4.1 while on Rapa, and then back to 4.8 five weeks after my last dose.

RBC went from 5.2 to 4.9, and is currently at 4.9.

Bilirubin went from 12 umo/L (it’s been about 10 to 12 for ten years) to 21, and back to 11.

Neutrophils went from 2.9 E9/L (it’s been in this range for ten years), to 2, and then back to 2.4.

I tracked my fasting glucose every morning, and it remained steady throughout at about 90 mg/dL, both before, during, and after cessation.

Has anyone experienced a drop in WBC, and doubling of bilirubin while on Rapa?

Could the immunosuppressive effects of Rapamycin be a factor in the observed decline in WBC? I realize the dosage was small, but, I am concerned about starting Rapa once again.

No noticeable side effects. CRP is low at 0.3 mg/L.

1 Like

Oh, yes, this is what Rapa does if the dose is too high for you. You need to regulate your dose based on your blood markers. It can take time.

1 Like

This study of human participants may be of interest to you as it follows a large set of safety labs as well as biomarkers.Dose was 1mg/day / 8 weeks. It is a small N study but decreases in Hg/RBC were seen, as well as a trend in lower WBCs. No changes noted in Bili but it is a low-powered study.

1 Like