Akkermansia mucciniphila improves healthspan and lifespan in old female mice

@desertshores All I can say is it lowered my HbA1c by .6 points. I hope you get a benefit as well.

2 Likes

What is the protocol you are currently using, with or without food, dairy products, etc.?

2 Likes

N=1, but matches their clinical trial:

Here is my data (from the more quantitative/“medical grade” GDX test).

Increased by half an order of magnitude in absolute levels / a 5.8x increase after 3 months (I had 5 days of non-supplementation/“wash out” before the post pendulum stool test):

2 Likes

Take with food in AM. I eat berries steelcut oatmeal eggs Greek yogurt

I have enteric-coated empty capsules at hand. The akkermansia capsule fits neatly inside. Do you think there might be any benefit to using this to get more bacteria through the stomach acid and into the gut?

1 Like

I have been taking metformin for decades. Maybe I should take a GDX test to see if I need supplementing at all.
“Metformin and vancomycin also significantly promote A. muciniphila.”
(From the paper @Joseph referenced)

How do you obtain the test (which lab) and how much does it cost?

It’s not cheap if only want to measure that, but has a wealth of information that can be valuable for optimizing health more broadly

Historically you had to order via a doctor, but now you can also do it online (from most jurisdictions):

1 Like

Yeah, I recently did Thorne with the wipe and there is no way they got an accurate measurement with that tiny, one time sample. Garbage in Garbage out. But I believe them that it is in there.

I couldn’t guess. Unless your stomach is unusual, I would go with the design engineered by Pendulum. But as long as the capsules would definitely dissolve in time, I can’t see how it would hurt.

1 Like

At least for their flagship product they keep hyping how much investment they have made in their capsules to achieve exactly that