What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

I will… I might have misunderstood… I’ll text him now, thank you!!

2 Likes

Take the prescription… but only take 4 mg to 6mg weekly. Keep the rest for later. My suggestion. But not a doctor. Lol.

Always good to have extra … some backup, in my opinion.

6 Likes

Glad i clarified… he said 3 TABS once a week and then 6 tabs one a week after that… (i heard 3 pills and misunderstood )

How often does most people take breaks?

2 Likes

Not sure I’ll to to 6 that quickly though ?

1 Like

Ummm… still a bit confusing.
Is a tab 1 pill ? 1 mg?
Or 1pill that is 2mg?

Again, see what you get. I have never taken a break… and Dr. Peter Attia… said he stopped taking breaks.

Some do… some don’t. There is no real clinical research on how much… how often.

But the consensus seems to be once a week… 4mg to 6mg on average.

1 Like

I would like it to have no effect at least half the time.

1 Like

I’ll find out soon enough (he called it into the pharmacy)…but i assume it’s 1mg tabs. Seems like after I’m used to it, it will be more cost effective to get a higher dose and fewer tabs, but we shall see! And I didn’t realize breaks weren’t a thing for everyone anymore. Thx for sharing!

1 Like

And what does this mean in practice? Does the one time per week accomplish this? He is going to have me do monthly bloodwork for the first 3 or so months to make sure my immunity isn’t be suppressed (a fancy word for it that you all know but i don’t remember… had a #2 in it :slight_smile:

It has about a 60 hour half life. So i target 21 days.

1 Like

Oh wow, that is very different that what he is advising for me… is that to make sure it doesn’t suppress your immunity? Good to know that at the very least, i could back off to that if I get any side effects.

I am a minority view on this.

3 Likes

I have been doing 12 mg once a month for awhile just to compare.

4 Likes

Beth as you can see… there is a pretty big range in personal choice. I did 6 -8mg weekly for about 1.5 years. All was fantastic. I thought more must be better… so decided 38 mg + every 7-10 days. Did that for 7 months and had silent pathology… a negative impact on my longevity gains. I dropped back to 6 - 8mg weekly and it took about 8 months to get back to my positive longevity baseline. Just a heads up.

Again, maybe start 4mg to 6mg the typical average of many. Then see. You may have immediate issues or none even at that dose. We are all hoping for the best.

Personally, all signs in my health, blood tests and biological markers says rapamycin is improving my life and health span. 3.5 years of use.

7 Likes

Agetron, that is FANTASTIC!! I really don’t know what to expect and was not expecting the tangible results as you are seeing (only because I’m clueless, but I’m 57 with unlucky genes, even though my habits are great (heart disease etc). My goal/hope is to just help balance out my unlucky genes, even if only a tiny bit.

Someone had said, and maybe it was Rap Admin, that they have more energy and feel better. I’d kill for that!!

But WHOA, I just read something about it potentially affecting collagen? What do we know about this. I would like to live, but I’m also vain AF.

1 Like

Also,
Just did prolon last week and got my covid booster yesterday. Is anyone around these parts suggesting to not take rapamycin soon after a vax?

Another also,
My doc said he’s want me off if i got something like pneumonia. If you all get things like, colds, flu, or covid, do you hold off on your rapamycin dose?

@Agetron I have forgotten what symptoms revealed the negative impact of higher rapa. Was there any more besides the methylation clock results? Did your blood markers change or other physical markers like BP or RHR or strength or brain function / fog or energy level?

Thanks. I’m just curious. I’m now doing a 2 week cycle with approx 12mg fasted. I also take an extra week off every 5th week so I’m averaging 24mg/5 = 4.8mg/week. But I’m guessing at the GFJ effect.

2 Likes

I only just started rapamycin after reading the forum for the past 10 months. After 3 weeks at 7 day intervals, I’m leaning towards one larger bolus at the end of each 4 week strength training block. Perhaps a light week inserted between them.

2 Likes

@Beth You will get different opinions from everyone here. My opinion is that we just don’t know enough about Rapamycin in the dose range we use it, and it’s safer to avoid Rapa when you have an infection. As for vaccinations, the Mannick study seemed to indicate that Rapa improved the response. I don’t see a need for Covid vaccination in healthy people.

3 Likes

Two things on that. First, FWIW, the Mannick study used everolimus, not rapa itself. Second, and more important: in the Mannick trial they gave evero for six weeks, and then stopped therapy for two weeks before administering the vaccine. The same was done in the animal study that showed a similar vaccine-response rejuvenation in aged rats. It seems quite plausible that having full proliferative and/or protein-synthetic response available at the time of vaccination was important to the effect.

3 Likes

Hey Joseph - Here is a little update and a new insight. The physical traits I was having - but ignoring was a fairly swollen face and legs from the knee down - particularly ankles had edema-like swelling. When you poked my ankles with your finger the indention stayed. Not good. And yes, my Glycan inflammation blood test and Methylation spit test both showed an increase in biological age. I was taking 6 mg rapamycin with GFJ once a week - my Labcorp test 2 hours after dosing was about 38 ng/mL weekly. So almost double Matt K. (keep reading). Which for me seemed too high. When I reduced my dose to 2 mg and GFJ my good biological marker results returned slowly it took about 8 months. Sweling in face and ankles went away.

On a road trip today, I was listening to Matt K. on rapamycin dosing.
He states measuring your rapamycin levels with Labcorp should be standard because there is so much indvidial difference in rapamycin uptake. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2xyBG0CMok&list=PLYkGEUWjgK_cDjiNWSUq5pboQ-NTt_EQr
Go to: point 20:00

Matt K. takes 8 mg weekly and 2 hours after was getting a Labcorp test of 20 ng/mL. Which now has me thinking… huh? I am doing 2 mg and GFJ getting a 12 ng/mL 2 hours after dosing.

Maybe I am under-shooting my dose a bit and need to do 4 mg rapamycin and GFJ for a 20-24 ng/mL.

For me 6mg and GFJ + 38 ng/mL was too much!
Constantly tweeking.

5 Likes