Urolithin A Extends Lifespan in Mice

FWIW

Grow your own yellow raspberries at the posted amount showing 1,900mg per 100g of fruit.100g is 3.5274 ounces

Yellow raspberries: How to grow these golden gems in a home garden

In my view this supplement{ Urolithin-A] is overhyped, and overpriced.

2 Likes

I grow them in South East of UK.
Really easy; prolific growth and fruiting from May until first frost, so basically last year I was eating them for six months.
No idea if I have the relevant gut bacteria but they taste great anyway.

3 Likes

Good, idea, I’ll give that a try. But in the past growing berries, I have trouble with birds and various other critters in my yard beating me to the ripe berries.

Blackberries have been the main success.

2 Likes

There are others:

Three urolithin-producing bacteria from the human gut belonging to the genus Gordonibacter (G. pamelaeae and G. urolithinfaciens ) and Ellagibacter isourolithinifaciens have been identified to correlate with metabotype A positively[13]. Recently, Gaya et al[14] have reported that also Bifidobacterium pseudocatenulatum strain can produce UA.

But not sure of probiotics.

Luckily I already have both of the Gordonibacter’s and 10 different strains of Bifidobacterium pseudocatenulatum…(from Viome.com)

1 Like

While I think, like Michael Lustgarten, the best source of nutrients is through eating healthy foods, it may be very difficult to get enough urolithin A through diet alone. If you are not of the right type you cannot produce enough urolithin A through food intake. If you are old like me, you also have a problem.
If you want to make sure you have enough urolithin-A, you will have to supplement.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41430-021-00950-1

2 Likes

Presentation from Amazentis, developers of the first Urolithin A product:

2 Likes

Does it say if low, medium, high or anything more than a binary “have it” / “don’t have it” scale?

Lustgarten latest paper says walnuts have eligotannins

3 Likes

I don’t see it here on his site. Do you have a link?

1 Like