Rapamycin etc., Purchase Price Comparison Spreadsheet, and Issues Discussion

FWIW

Received a marketing email today 04/05/2024

“50 x 1mg Film Coated Rapamycin (Sirolimus nanoparticles) Tablets”

RapaPro brand, manufacturer in India.

$70.00

I do not have any financial interest in this organization.

I’ve just discovered that CVS is now offering Sirolimus for a little over $1 per mg, via GoodRx coupon. This is 1/5 the price they were in Dec 2021, and 1/3 of the Kroger’s price then and now. To me this is big news- means I can buy from US pharmacies rather than using the India crap-shoot route (just got another India order returned by Canada Customs).

3 Likes

Who are you getting your prescription from and does it contain refill options?

Dr Alan Green, and yes.

He’s great. In-person visit required initially (Little Neck, NY on Long Island), but subsequent consultations can be on Zoom. Very reasonable cost.

It’s a good idea to be under some kind of supervision by a doctor, and Dr Green is pretty much the world expert, with over 1500 patients now. He requires blood tests prior to your visit, which makes sense. He is thorough.

1 Like

Even cheaper with larger quantities. With these prices, India no longer makes sense.

3 Likes

In the North New Jersey area on 04/13/2024
GoodRx produced a discount code for generic rapamycin/sirolimus 180 X 1mg tables for $111.00 paying out of pocket with discount code

Less than .62¢ per mg

Yes, you would require a prescription.

3 Likes

India still makes sense if you need to get other, still expensive medications such as an SGLT2I or Bempedoic Acid.

However it’s great to have a local source for Sirolimus. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes