Ora Biomedical Million Molecule Challenge Results

Rapamycin extends lifespan of worms in dose 100uM - 6.67 times higher dose than tested here

When it comes to taurine, I don’t know specific dose, but it requires much higher dose than Rapamycin - so probably 300 uM dose would be more accurate

Also combinations are not predictable - 2 things may extend lifespan separately but not work in combination - taurine is anti oxidant and may cancel autophagy benefits from Rapamycin

4 Likes

See Video Below with Mitch Lee of Ora Biomedical:

3 Likes

The worms eat bacteria. How to get anything into the bacteria to be eaten is an interesting thought.

1 Like

The researcher Jan Gruber who has studied worms said to me in a mail conversation I had with him last week that they also give rapamycin to the bacteria which they then give to the worms. The result is like some kind of double dosing. You have rapamycin on the plate and also on the bacteria that the worms eat.

I’ve started investigating recently how the methodology may differ between different labs when they test rapamycin. This is the current status of that investigation. I’m not an expert in worm research but step by step I’m learning more. If there are any columns that I have missed or some data that is wrong just let me know. All help with this investigation is appreciated

4 Likes

The video said their skin is thick and they have to use high doses to penetrate. Ingestion should work at lower doses I’d think.

1 Like

One conclusion I’ve come to is that taking rapamycin pills probably requires a lower dose than what is used in animal trials, be it in mice or worms.

1 Like

Why lower dose than mice that get it from their feed? I agree dosing from nematode to human is basically impossible, the video said as much have to use a mammal.

Krister, here is another nematode researcher that you may want to talk to. He has a company that is also doing nematode longevity research (perhaps a little competitive with Ora Biomedical)…

https://twitter.com/dweinkove

2 Likes

There are updates in the Ora Million Molecule Challenge Data Hub!, mixtures and some more compounds have been included.

https://orabiomedical.com/mmcleaderboard/

2 Likes

GIven all the stress about Omega 6 it is interesting to see Linoleic Acid in the leaderboard.

1 Like

I was not surprised to see that. Ive seen lots of studies about how it doesnt cause inflammation

And it does promote longevity and heart health.
Omega 3 is still better and you want to take enough to keep omega 6 ratio not too bad to be safe.

2 Likes

I got excited by the new leaderboard and sponsored a bunch:
Berberine HCL
Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)
Sulforaphane
Tramiprosate
Glycine

Edit: Has anyone started trying to combine 2 of the top candidates? I think other amino acids like Serine would also be good to test. It seems taurine is not that good since with rapamycin it has no net effect, and rapamycin was tested individually to have no effect. Seeing if leucine or iso-leucine are negative would also be interesting

5 Likes

I’ve just sponsored:

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/OraBiomedical/status/1781331548274647431?t=t9KrSXFpnhY3VZ7IZGjZ3Q&s=19

Guys you can test combinations for free they are sponsoring them don’t miss it

1 Like