New Option for Rapamycin Prescriptions in Europe / EU

I have mailed EUdoctor, and informed them about the problem with their booking system.

2 Likes

I got mail from EUdoctor. They are working on the cause of the problem. They will be up and running the coming week.

Ok, sounds good. Thank you

I have once consulted with EU doctor. After a brief consult I was prescribed Metformin. But up until the moment that I received the prescription, I had not realised they would only prescribe for 1 month. Thus Iā€™d have to book a consult each month to renew this prescription. Iā€™ve sent them a brief follow-up e-mail with a question about this, as I had had the intention to keep using them. But I never received a response. Neither when there were some issues in trying to fulfil the prescription with my regular pharmacy.
More recently (a year later) when I first wanted to enquire again before booking a new consult given my previous experience, I again have not been able to receive a response. What has been the experience of other members?

I had a consultation with eudoctor a few days ago and had no problems. It was my second time using them. I had a little problem though that they couldnā€™t prescribe 2 boxes of Rapamune. But then they responded to my email within a few hours (they seem to typically respond quickly) saying they can now only prescribe max 3 month supply prescriptions. So I could only ask for 1 box of Rapamune this time. Lucky enough, this didnā€™t seem to matter though as my my pharmacy in Spain didnā€™t even ask for a prescription and ordered me two boxes :slight_smile: .

I guess u can try booking an appointment and asking for a max 3 month supply. Just know exactly how many tablets u want, with the proper dosage and protocol so that itā€™s easier for them to fill out the prescription. The last 2 times I did it with Dr. Simunović and he sent the prescriptions to me within the hour so highly recommend.

1 Like

Thanks for your input about your experience, Tfl. Perhaps I should give it another try.
They did only want to prescribe for 1 month/30 days though when I used them. I should perhaps have clarified that was also stated in the prescription and confirmed. So Iā€™m a bit hesitant, also given the lack of response.

Yes you may get prescriptions but many pharmacies in the EU have issues with the prescriptions they give. As of them asking me for some sort of Croatian insurance number.
Also, it happened twice to me that they stood me up. And I had to ask them multiple times for a refund because they just didnā€™t show upā€¦
Pretty unprofessional service. But if lucky you may get what you need.

Thanks for your input, Ruben. I had a similar issue. And when I then emailed them to ask whether they could please recommend a pharmacy that would accept their prescription, they didnā€™t respond either. So in the end I never filled in that prescription.

Ask for a written refusal from the pharmacies if they refuse to give your medicines prescribed by your doctor.

Read your EU rights and the law on this.

U can try to message them from a different email address and make a new account but yeah I understand ur point. To be fair, per EU directives all other EU pharmacies must accept it so I really dont hold them to it for not recommending u specific names of pharmacies.

From my experience tho, filling the prescription highly depends on the pharmacy ur going to because in the same city u can come across a prick pharmacist who just is so strict and doesnt want to fill anything or u can shop around and try ur prescription in multiple pharmacies until u get a pharmacist whoā€™s chill and just doesnt care

also just to mention, a few weeks ago , my friend had a consultation with the female doctor on eudoctor, and she no-showed. Then he emailed them about it and just wrote what prescription he wanted and he told me that he had to email them 4 times after the ā€œconsultationā€ because they just sent him 1 out of 2 prescriptions he asked for and it wasnā€™t even written properly showing the dosage and tablets to dispense. Ultimately, he got everything though by the end of the same day. for that reason I personally prefer dr viktor instead.

Another option is in some EU countries u can slip by without prescriptions ie: most eastern european countries (Bulgaria, Croatia etcā€¦) Spain, Portugalā€¦ u can try to get ur medicine like that while on holiday. Personally metformin has been the easiest drug for me to get anywhere in the world without a prescription. Rapamune on the other hand is a hit or miss because even if they can get it without a prescription usually its quite expensive and that country doesnt have it in stock anywhere.

1 Like

Thanks Tfl. I could probably just try to book a new consult using my own account, if Iā€™d want to. Admittedly I havenā€™t tried that anymore after my first experience. I understand your comment with regard to the pharmacy. It was more the sequence of events that made me wonder what the experience was of other members.

Thanks for the additional info - thatā€™s helpful.

1 Like

I got stood up twice in a row by Viktor. Always his ā€œstuck in trafficā€ message. Such a classic on him.

And the lady is usually walking around her flat or something with such a poor connection that you barely get to communicate with her. Itā€™s the usual ā€œjust tell me what you want prescribedā€. Which is fair you know, but then again, getting a Croatian prescription to work in EU pharmacies isnā€™t easy in practice.

Btw I live in Spain and never found any pharmacist giving you stuff without prescription. What works better here is nexu.co

2 Likes

Oh, yeah they def seem unprofessional. So maybe we gotta find another ā€œjust tell me what you want prescribedā€ doctor.
Tho honestly, Iā€™m satisfied with the ā€œjust tell me what you want prescribedā€ bc thatā€™s pretty much all I need. I donā€™t expect them to give me thorough advice on my situation over a zoom call.

Also, about the Spain pharmacies, Iā€™m not sure where u live but in touristy cities like Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, I was always able to get most things without a prescription. But it is probably because I pull off that Iā€™m a ā€œtouristā€ with my poor Spanish so they usually just give me what I ask for. Locals might have a harder time. Also it depends on the pharmacist in Spain. Some donā€™t care at all and are laid back. Others pharmacists are very arrogant and will not even look at u if u donā€™t have a prescription. Itā€™s a hit or miss but if u shop around u can definitely find a laid back pharmacy. Especially for things like metformin, bp meds etcā€¦ they donā€™t really care about prescription. I have a few pharmacies that donā€™t care about prescriptions and I just stick to going to those now. Play the tourist act it will go a long way.
To Pat25ā€™s point about getting metformin , Metformin is the easiest thing to get here or other laid back countries without a prescription as a tourist. For things like Rapamune , having a prescription is always easier. Itā€™s really luck at that point for Rapamune.

Also, thanks for the nexu.co recommendation, Iā€™ll try it out.

It looks like EU doctor have free slots tomorrow.

1 Like

EUdoctor is up and running on an irregular basis. This saturday evening they have free slots and plenty of openings Sunday.