My DAV* Therapy Experiment begins! *Doxycycline, Azithromycin and Vitamin C

Yes - but really any well-done (validated) senescent cell level test.

3 Likes

I’ve applied for the “Early Access” program. Currently it is only available to MD’s so I’m doubtful that I will get approved.

If I do get approved, is anyone beside myself interested in getting this test?

2 Likes

I am waiting for a reply.

I have a MD who will ask them.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll have any trouble getting interested people here…depending on cost. I’ll wait for @Neo to ask for “more color” before I say “no-brainer”.

3 Likes

CD26 is not a great senescence test. It is not specific enough. It can indicate a variety of conditions in limited/specific cell types. Similar to SA-β-gal, not specific enough and to be “specific” SA-β-gal requires tissue biopsies.

So far the “good” tests are all tissue/cell type specific.

A “general” blood test would be nice, biopsies are not fun

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S016372581930035X

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9327293/

5 Likes

So are you saying that SapereX uses CD26 for their test? Or do we know? Is there any more info on the SapereX test or it’s cost? Certainly knowing more about your senescent cell level would be great, if it didn’t cost a fortune and was accurate. Do you consider your TruDiagnostic DunedinPACE epigenetic test to be an indicator of senescent cell levels?

As was posted above;

The test{from Sapere Bio] is called “sapereX

Based on this paper{one on several published]

A paper from/based on the “test”

“Clearance of p16Ink4a-positive senescent cells delays ageing-associated disorders”

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3468323

CD26 is mostly likely the least expensive.

This “SapereX test” do not be surprised if the cost is unreali$tic …$$$

2 Likes

Another paper about the “SapereX” test.

“Profiling an integrated network of cellular senescence and immune resilience measures in natural aging: a prospective multi-cohort study”

PDF copy at:

1 Like

I didn’t say that :slight_smile: I was responding to RapAdmin about the suggestion to use CD26 as a senescent marker. I may have “responded” to the wrong person when I responded :slight_smile:

I don’t know yet what marker they are using in their test. It could be a combination of markers with some algo doing the analysis.

There are a lot of potential markers, I doubt if there is 1 single one, out of the over 500 SASP components.

1 Like

Just watched the 1 hour youtube Optispan above with Kaeberlein and Mitin and was quite impressed. The SapereX test and data gained from it should move our understanding of senescence and the immune system ahead. It sounds very credible. Even if I can’t afford it, it should add to the knowledge base of what works and should be perfect for testing the DAV therapy and all senolytics for effectiveness. Looks like just a few months before it’s more widespread. These are the kind of tests that are so important.
Also, as Kaeberlein mentioned, it could be very useful in showing a clinical benefit of off label rapamycin use.

2 Likes

I was prescribed Azithromycin a few years ago, and did experience quite disturbing palpitations and tightness in the chest. (Good fitness levels, no prior heart issues). I never experienced this before with any antibiotics. This was at a dose of 2x 250mg per day.

1 Like

doxycycline binds to calcium, so anyone following this scheme should avoid to take calcium in any form within a 2 hour window from doxy.

2 Likes

FWIW

This{milk products not taking) was discussed in the top area of this thread

I haven’t seen much activity with DAV Therapy for a while. Did anyone feel they experienced enough benefit to repeat the therapy more than one time?

It is not a therapy @RapAdmin can you change the title of this thread to “DAV* Experiment” or something similar?

Nah its more like snake oil therapy. Useless unless you have some kind of infection in which case it is a good idea.

1 Like

“Doxycycline, Azithromycin and Vitamin C (DAV): A potent combination therapy”
Each component of DAV therapy has therapeutic value on its own.
So how can you say that the combo suddenly has no therapeutic value of its own?

Read the article. There is no definitive proof that it works as described but it does have a theoretical basis.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6520007/

1 Like

People are not using the combination to treat infections or scurvy here. It is not a therapy for other conditions, especially not cancer, that is pure quackery, hence I think the thread should not be called a therapy. It is an unscientific experiment based on petri dish studies (mechanistic) on a mammalian breast cancer cell line, the best measurement we have in the thread is someone’s subjective feeling over their knee pain.

I have already read the article.

1 Like

“Doxycycline, Azithromycin and Vitamin C (DAV): A potent combination therapy”
Each component of DAV therapy has therapeutic value on its own.
So how can you say that the combo suddenly has no therapeutic value of its own?

Just because antibiotics are a therapy for infections doesn’t mean you can say it is a therapy for cancer. This is clear if you don’t ignore the context of this thread.

Like I already said, people are not using it to treat infections or scurvy here.

1 Like