My DAV* Therapy begins! *Doxycycline, Azithromycin and Vitamin C

Thank you for sharing. As you know I was part of the initial ‘DAV-onauts’ at the end of '23. Hoping to see some good results too (I think some hair has grown back, which I know is controlled by senescence). Will also be repeating the DAV protocol annually (at first - tempted to do it every 6 months).

3 Likes

I am planning another 5 week course, as soon as I get the prescription refilled {this week 03/05/2024]

3 Likes

Did you discuss any of your longevity efforts with her in the past? Just curious if she’s bringing this up completely independent of any past discussions that may have been about longevity, anti-aging, etc…

I’ve been on rapamycin just short of 2 years. It definitely does not cause weight loss for me. I have some belly fat and was looking forward to see progress there but it hasn’t changed at all. Just the way it is.

2 Likes

Same here, I have not lost one single pound while on Rapa (over a year on it)

1 Like

Rapamycin, originally developed as an immunosuppressant for preventing organ rejection in transplant patients, has unexpectedly become a subject of interest in the realm of weight management. Let’s delve into its fascinating properties and explore how it might impact weight loss:

1. Enhanced Metabolism: Rapamycin acts through the mechanistic target of the rapamycin pathway within cells. This central regulator influences protein synthesis, energy metabolism, and autophagy. One of the significant rapamycin weight loss benefits is its ability to raise insulin sensitivity. By doing so, it helps control blood sugar levels and reduces insulin resistance. Stable blood sugar levels can prevent hunger and cravings for high-calorie, sugary foods, which is crucial for weight management¹.

2. Appetite Regulation: Sensitivity to insulin is closely tied to appetite regulation. When blood sugar levels remain stable due to improved insulin sensitivity, it can help lower cravings and prevent overeating. Effective use of rapamycin may contribute to maintaining metabolic health and achieving a normal weight¹.

3. Visceral Fat Reduction: While rapamycin itself doesn’t directly stimulate weight loss, it appears to make weight loss, particularly visceral fat reduction, easier when combined with a healthy diet and exercise program⁴.

4. Animal Experiments: In animal experiments, rapamycin demonstrated improved weight loss even on a high-fat diet. By inhibiting mTOR (a protein controlling cellular development and metabolism), rapamycin encourages fat burning over storage³.

5. Leptin Regulation: Rapamycin affects how the body produces leptin, a hormone produced by fat cells that influences hunger and metabolism. In older rats (equivalent to 65-year-old humans), body weight dropped by approximately 13 percent after rapamycin treatment².

In summary, while rapamycin isn’t a magic weight loss pill, its multifaceted impact on cellular processes and metabolism makes it an intriguing candidate for further research in weight management. As always, consult your doctor before making any health-related decisions¹.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 4/10/2024
(1) Exploring the Potential of Rapamycin for Weight Loss: A Comprehensive … https://valhallavitality.com/blog/exploring-the-potential-of-rapamycin-for-weight-loss-a-comprehensive-review.
(2) Rapamycin and Visceral Fat Reduction. Rapamycin and Visceral Fat Reduction.
(3) Harmony of Health: Unveiling the Rapamycin for Effortless Weight Loss. https://baltimorepostexaminer.com/harmony-of-health-unveiling-the-rapamycin-for-effortless-weight-loss/2024/01/25.
(4) Existing drug used in transplants causes older rats to lose weight … Existing drug used in transplants causes older rats to lose weight - News - University of Florida.

4 Likes

It might be me, but i have lost absolutely nothing on RAPA(all being equal), but I am the type that has it really hard to lose weight. The only way I lose weight is if I do protein only food for a certain period of time, or if I fast for more than two days-then my fat melts away very fast.

1 Like

Yes, in humans there has not been much weight loss, if any, in clinical studies.

2 Likes

I have started telmisartan to get my blood pressure in the optimal range (didn’t have high blood pressure). Its been really effective with the BP but have also noted visceral fat melting away.

3 Likes

FWIW

Started{04-14-2024) the 2nd round of DAV Therapy, using the same dosing/procedure as before.

Six day’s only noticed the same as before, less knee joint pain.

5 Likes