Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)

Review

Update: Iā€™m off LDN now. The move up to 4.5mg was a mistake. I lost the sleep benefit I had gotten at the lower dose. And now I am working on using zero chemicals to support sleep so I can learn how to sleep naturally. LDN does have amazing benefits for eliminating cravings. I donā€™t need that effect but I could still feel it.

Onward and upward.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been wanting to try LDN, mostly to see if it would help with chronic gastritis symptoms Iā€™ve dealt with for the past four years. Theyā€™re probably 95% better than they were a year ago, and I mostly attribute this to quitting coffee, removing dietary triggers, and supplementation (I believe butyrate has been instrumental in the healing process).

It would be nice if I had zero symptoms though, which is why I would consider something like LDN. Naloxone (similar pharmacology to naltrexone) is OTC where I live as an opioid overdose antidote, but I refuse to pay $45 for 9mg (youā€™d think theyā€™d be a little less greedy with lifesaving measures, but it generally seems to go the opposite direction).

My guess is that poor response to naltrexone is from inhibition of endogenous opioid signaling with higher doses. Stereoselective naltrexone would be a much better option, as (+)-naltrexone lacks activity at opioid receptors, but retains antagonist activity at TLR4.

TLR4 activation by morphine was shown to produce inflammation of the periaqueductal grey/PAG and this led to morphine tolerance. This suggests that PAG inflammation weakens its gating of ascending pain signals, which suggests that LDN might be primarily targeting (neuro)inflammatory pain.

Toll-like Receptor 4 Mediates Morphine-Induced Neuroinflammation and Tolerance via Soluble Tumor Necrosis Factor Signaling

I get it from agelessrx

If you are comfortable getting it from India, thatā€™s where I get mine, the prices from

Jagdish Nikose at RL Pharma. rlhealthcare1928@gmail.com

Naltrexone LDN 1.5 Capsule = 2 USD For 10 Capsule.

Naltrexone LDN 3.0 Capsule = 2.2 USD For 10 Capsule.

This is what I received. They are capsules so itā€™s not convenient to adjust the dose downwards.

I experimented and found that the 3mg dose was right for me.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a lot of that and have heard good things about it from a Facebook group, but does it say who manufactures it?

1 Like

I really donā€™t know. Only that Jagdish Nikose is a pharmacist according to Linkedin and he has been a trusted supplier for over 2 years. I have never had any reason to doubt the legitimacy of the products he supplies.
You could ask him for a quote and who makes it.
Jagdish Nikose at RL Pharma. rlhealthcare1928@gmail.com

1 Like

That is rather bizarre that the manufacturer of the product is not identified on the product boxā€¦ definitely not a good sign, from a quality/reputation perspective.

Excellent, I use an Indian supplier. Would you please share the generic name and dosage so that I could request it from them? Many thanks!

Apologies, you answered my question :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been curious about that since I first saw it on Facebook. Iā€™m going to reach out to a Jagdish and another vendor to see where they get it. I suspect it is a compounded product, but by whom?

Edit: Jagdish is quick on WhatsApp. He says the product was discontinued and is no longer available. He didnā€™t answer who made it, but it seems a moot point aside from those who are selling remaining stock. Iā€™ll probably do agelessrx or dissolve the 50mg tablets in water as is commonly suggested elsewhere.

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s from a compounding pharmacy. If Jagdish doesnā€™t have it, it still is widely available.
This is just a sample. It is probably available from at least a hundred Indian suppliers. This is a sample of todayā€™s offers and they look exactly like the ones I received.

3 Likes

I noticed the availability from other vendors also, so I took Jagdish to mean that he canā€™t acquire new stock. I didnā€™t want to press him on it. He just said twice that it is no longer manufactured. Maybe he is misinformed or maybe itā€™s just a communication problem. Either way, he couldnā€™t or wouldnā€™t tell me who made it. I may ask other vendors because I would like to know if only to satisfy my curiosity.

Edit: Sachin of SS Medex confirms it was discontinued. He also did not answer the part about the manufacturer.

1 Like

I had high hopes for GABA, but at times it screwed up my breathing as well. Weird? Yes! During these episodes (usually in the middle of the night) Iā€™d consciously feel the need to breathe very deep, repeatedly. Almost like I thought I was in danger of suffocating. I was afraid Iā€™d hyperventilate, but that never happened.

With respect to LDN, Iā€™m very close to giving it a try, and this thread has been very helpful.

1 Like

Good luck with LDN. I think it is has magical effects on people who need it. Plus it totally kills cravings. Use the lowest dose that provides the effect you seek. In my experience with LDN, a little too much wrecks it.

2 Likes

Desertshores, are you still taking the LDN? Where did you order it from? I am desperately trying to find something to help me sleep; did it continue to help you sleep better? ā€œIt also significantly reduces sleep onset latency.ā€ That is the issue I have with some of the sleep inducing meds.

I am not currently taking LDN. It did nothing for me that I could detect except that it made some foods taste odd. If I were using it for sleep I would start with a dose of 2.25mg.
Just buy the 4.5mg and cut the tablets in half. Some people have had a good result from taking it.
Email Jagdish Nikose and ask for a quote for the amount you want to buy.
rlhealthcare1928@gmail.com

I use Wise to pay him: Wise, Formerly TransferWise: Online Money Transfers | International Banking Features