Just a little humor

People who are wealthy rarely wish to be famous. However people who are famous always wish to be wealthy. Once you are famous, it’s hard to give up your fame but even harder to make it last. Once you are wealthy, you have to really try hard to lose your wealth.

If I could choose only one, I’d choose wealth. And in today’s society, it’s not hard to get.

3 Likes

Hmmm, So Bryan Johnson is trying hard to stay under the radar?
And Elon Musk and the others? I’m not buying it.
In the old days, it may have been that people realized that fame came with a cost and some tried to avoid it (J.D. Salinger). But as I said above, today, fame is “coin of the realm” and everybody from Warren Buffet down is not going to waste the opportunity to use it.

1 Like

For every Bryan Johnson or Elon Musk there are 100 people you’ve never heard of that are just as rich. I said the wealthy rarely, seek fame, not never.

2 Likes

Give me some prominent examples :wink:.

Name the other 499 CEOs of the SP500 companies without using Google or other search engines. Musk and maybe Bezos stand out. How many can you name?

There are 3,194 global billionaires. Can you name more than 10? Again without using a search engine. If you can’t, they’re not famous.

And BJ isn’t a billionaire.

2 Likes

Wait…I’m counting…but I don’t have enough fingers.
Just go to the annual Fortune 500, I’ve heard of a lot of those people.
But I will concede that a lot of the rich are famous just because they are rich, not because they courted fame. But I think that they are well aware that fame brings even more influence.

Don’t know if you remember the commercial.
“In the 1970s and 1980s, a trademark of the commercials was a crowd of people suddenly falling quiet and listening whenever E.F Hutton was mentioned. The tagline “When E.F Hutton Talks, People Listen” would close the commercial.”
Everybody wants that…money brings it, sure, but even more - Fame.
And who doesn’t want to hear Taylor Swift’s advice on politics or economics?..OK, bad example…

But here ya go…let’s look at poster boy, numero uno…Donald Trump… how do you get to be most important and influential person in the world…don’t tell me name recognition and “The Apprentice” (TV show) didn’t play a big part. So do all rich people want to be famous…of course not. Many are very paranoid of being taken advantage of, and for that reason are a little standoffish of any casual contact. But the temptation of fame is like the temptation of sugar.

1 Like

I’d say sugar is much more tempting than fame. :wink:

I want to be famous with God, my family, close friends and the people I care about. Why would I worry about what the rest of the world thinks about me? I’ll never have a real relationship with them. Fame is also a curse in that you can’t live a normal life.

I had a couple of classmates who became quite rich (BJ level and above) and some quite famous for being rich (one you’d recognize instantly). He could never go out into public and enjoy a common life as he drew too much attention in certain circles. It’s much better when people don’t know who you are and you can enjoy life to it’s fullest. Fame becomes quite limiting.

Then again, if you’re a billionaire and you want to enjoy the Davos lifestyle, that’s a whole other ballgame. But, if I was that rich, I’d prefer a traditional, loving, faith-based family where others treat and love me as a regular Joe. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree with all you said but I’m not exactly normal (or is that an understatement?) but I usually console myself by saying “yeah, but you look normal next to @AnUser !” I don’t want to be famous or rich but maybe if somebody came around with a big platter of fame and money, saying serve yourself, nobody’s looking…then I might say “maybe I’ll try a little, looks kinda tasty…I can always spit it out.” And as I’ve pointed out, even if you didn’t care about the adulation and ego-boost, Fame (with or without money) buys you influence and not many people are honestly going to say “I don’t care if the only people that pay attention to me are my wife and kids.” So, some small level of fame - even in just your neighborhood or your town, is hard to turn down.
David Sinclair is a perfect example. When he was a respected scientist, it’s all good, he had prestige for research that was helping the world…who wouldn’t want that? But as I’ve also said here, power corrupts and like sugar it tends to creep it’s way in there before you realize it. Next thing you know…and it’s poor David, he screwed it all up.

4 Likes

Men exercises and having fun

And two awe-inspiring images: Dr. B swimming in Florida Today; and Space X
https://x.com/Blagosklonny/status/1768722692880970152?s=20

Happy Friday!

3 Likes

I learned a disturbing fact today about American marriages.

44% of American marriages end in divorce.

And it only gets worse

The remaining 56% of marriages end in death.

It just doesn’t end well either way. :wink:

8 Likes

Here’s an Instagram BJ parody.

2 Likes
7 Likes

So so great!! Huberman shirt didn’t age well, but the rest is priceless :slight_smile:

3 Likes
1 Like

5 Likes

“I married an archaeologist because the older I grow, the more he appreciates me.”

— Agatha Christie

3 Likes

When Matt Kaeberlein said he was moving from a University to the private sector, I wondered why. Then I found this quote:

University politics make me long for the simplicity of the Middle East.”

— Henry Kissinger

6 Likes

7 Likes