How to Reverse Skin Aging

Thanks a lot Medaura ; appreciate your experience here :relaxed:am looking into it; if I pull the trigger I’ll let you know :relaxed::pray:

1 Like

There is no easy way to get automatíc price alerts for specific products in the Aliexpress and co right ? Besides the getting quotes from suppliers option? ( which I just tried ; just hope I won’t get bombarded with messages :sweat_smile:) thanks a lot :relaxed:

1 Like

Yeah I wish there was an automatic way to stay on top of it but they don’t make it easy. The most advanced way to circumvent their price fluctuations would be to have macros that crawl the site by keyword and post prices and sort them in a spreadsheet but honestly that’s overkill.

1 Like

I’ve been reading up on Tixel and came across this Tixel–topical-rapamycin study on the Novoxel website. Just thought the synergy was interesting. The full text is behind a paywall, but here’s the abstract:

Treatment of port wine stain with Tixel-induced rapamycin delivery following pulsed dye laser application

Abstract

Although pulsed dye laser (PDL) is considered the gold standard treatment for port wine stains (PWS), post PDL revascularization is one of the main causes of incomplete regression and recurrence. Recently, topical sirolimus have been shown to improve treatment outcome probably through minimizing post-laser revascularization. We sought to evaluate the added value of the Tixel drug delivery system (DDS) to the PDL and topical rapamycin treatment for PWS. This case series includes three teenager patients with previously treated PWS with PDL. Upon enrollment, every stain was divided into A and B halves for treatment assignments to the following regimens: (A) PDL + DDS + rapamycin; (B) PDL + rapamycin. Subjects were instructed to apply rapamycin topically over the PWS twice daily for the entire treatment period. Assessment of the treatment and adverse reactions as well as photographs was performed at baseline and before every PDL treatment. There were clinically significant differences in blanching responses favoring PWS receiving PDL + DDS + rapamycin as compared to PDL + rapamycin alone. Transient hyperpigmentation was noted in one patient. Two patients developed mild transient irritation and dermatitis following the treatment on both halves. The use of drug delivery system combined with topical rapamycin has no remarkable adverse effects, improves the results of PDL treatment for port wine stains, and can reduce the total number of required PDL sessions.

4 Likes

Full paper on sci-hub: Sci-Hub | Treatment of port wine stain with Tixel‐induced rapamycin delivery following pulsed dye laser application | 10.1111/dth.13172

6 Likes

I thought I’d include me (29) & my husband’s (39) experience using polynucleotides for anyone else considering it.

Intro:

Polynucleotides work by stimulating specific receptors in the fibroblasts to make collagen and elastin. Interestingly, they might rejuvenate fat too if injected deeper.

The brand we used was Nucleofill. There is no risk of vascular occlusion with this product as it doesn’t contain any HA.

Disclaimer, my mum is a nurse and my husband is a bioengineer - between them I was able to learn enough about injecting, trigonometry and aseptic techniques to do this relatively safely but I myself am not medically trained. We found it surprisingly easy.

Method:

We did 2 sessions each 1 month apart. We each used x1 Nucleofill medium (now known as Nucleofill 20) x1 Nucleofill eyes each session. Last session was 1 month ago now. He’s considering doing a couple more sessions. I’m on maintenance mode now. We purchased the product from reliablemedicare.

Injection technique:

Nucleofill’s workshops available on YouTube state injections need to be deep dermis. I used 4mm 30g needle to achieve this, injecting most commonly at a 45 degree angle.

I used the BAP technique which is 5 injection points each side of the face. These 5 locations are chosen for optimum safety.

Under the eyes and on the forehead we swapped to using a Mesotherapy injection technique (extremely superficial injecting a small amount over lots of points).

Healing:

Bumps where product was injected remained on our faces for a few days afterwards.

Results:

Very natural but a definite improvement. We are happy with the effort to results ratio.

My husband has permitted me to include his forehead before & after photos. Photographs can be misleading even with the of best intentions, but these are true to what I see in real life. Photos taken in same place, natural lighting, same (very basic) skincare routine.

Both of us have noticed a really nice overall improvement in our faces (plus my neck). Wrinkle & fine line improvement. Our under eyes are more “skin” coloured now than dark/purple which we’re both really happy with. His family have commented that he looks healthy (they don’t know about our amateur aesthetics clinic lol).

7 Likes

Thank you for your meaty post (unless you are a vegan). But out of sheer curiosity: how does trigonometry help with this process?

No problem! Well, I needed to inject into the deep dermis. So I had to consider the needle length and angle of injection to know how deep I would be going. Skin thickness varies somewhat across the face which is why I used meso technique in danger areas.

1 Like

I’ve been experimenting with using my estriol cream (prescribed for menopausal VA) off label on my face and neck after reading about other women having success using it that way. Apparently there are over the counter versions of creams/lotions with estriol available but I’ve just been using a small pea sized amount of my ovestin blended with One Skin or sunscreen depending on if I’m applying it during the day or at night. It looks like there’s a little data showing it’s helpful at least for menopausal women.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. It’s possible I’ve missed a few posts in the thread.
I’m personally happy enough with the results in just a few days that I plan to continue. It’s supposed to help boost collagen and HA production. My husband said I looked fresher than normal so I’ll take it. So far I do feel like I look subtly better (25%?) and it seems more effective than anything I’ve tried. I admittedly haven’t tried many things though and my blood estrogen levels are pretty low at just above the menopausal range on the patch. It might be worth further research for the more mature ladies. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Cetaphil or Cerave moisturizer in the morning when taking tretinoin at night? Or something else, if so why?

It is recommended that you apply a moisturizer or a moisturizer with sunscreen that will not aggravate your
acne (noncomedogenic) every morning after you wash.
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2002/16921s21s22s25lbl.pdf

What sunscreen for face and other areas? SPF50, or what else matters?

Actually, when I got the treatment in my face the operator asked me to put plate on my back under my bra , which is quite handy ( better then Velcro :wink:)

1 Like

I use a moisturizing sunscreen with SPF50 and apply it every time I go outside or multiple times if I’m outside for longer. This way you don’t have to apply multiple products on your skin which is more tedious than swallowing a bunch of pills in the morning.

I am trying to treat keratosis pilaris which I have as well, I think using tretinoin to accelerate the skin cycle then rapamycin cream to block excess production of protein keratin (hyperkeratinization) will work. It is common to have this.

1 Like

@AnUser, this might be of interest to you as it relates to skin health and you have been experimenting with a no added salt diet.

Skin and inflammation

“Two recent excellent reviews have highlighted several studies demonstrating Na+ loading results in non-osmotic Na+ accumulation in skin and muscle without commensurate increases in skin water content (54, 55)••. Immune cells including macrophages function as local on-site sensors of interstitial electrolyte concentration and activate tonicity-responsive enhancer binding protein, which increases the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) gene via autocrine signaling (54, 55). VEGF-C facilitates lymphangiogenesis enabling drainage of water and electrolyte from the skin into the systemic circulation for eventual removal via the kidneys (55). In rodents, macrophage or VEGF-C antagonism or genetic deletion results in augmented interstitial hypertonic volume retention and elevated BP (56, 57). Another recent study demonstrated that high salt increased whole body Na+ without increases in body water (58). Taken together, these findings would suggest that non-osmotic Na+ deposition plays a functional role in whole body Na+ homeostasis and BP regulation. However, it has also been shown that T cells exposed to local high Na+ tissue conditions polarize into highly pro-inflammatory TH17 phenotype cells that produce inflammatory cytokines and worsen experimental autoimmune disease and may contribute to hypertension (59, 60).

“In agreement, recent human studies have demonstrated skin Na+ is a marker of aging and hypertension (61). Excess skin Na+ deposition has also been observed in patients with type 2 diabetes (62), hyperlipidemia (63), and is associated with cardiac hypertrophy in chronic kidney disease (64). Further, a recent study randomized healthy participants to consume low and high salt diets in a crossover design (65)••. Skin Na+:K+ increased on the high salt diet in male, but not female participants. Female participants experienced an increase in BP on the high salt, but this may have been confounded by their lower basal BP. Further, in male participants skin Na+:K+ correlated with BP. There is some thought that increased skin Na+ occurs after sufficient vascular damage resulting in a ‘leak’ into the surrounding tissue (54). Using this line of reasoning, the finding that only males experienced an increase in skin Na+ with high salt is supported by prior studies demonstrating that high Na+ damages the endothelial glycocalyx (34) and females are relatively protected against endothelial dysfunction following salt loading compared to males (17, 22). Nonetheless, more data are needed to elucidate the role of non-osmotic Na+ deposition in humans, and further the influence of dietary Na+ on non-osmotic Na+deposition. For example, future studies are needed to determine if there are aging and racial differences in skin Na+ with dietary salt manipulation.”

Forgive me if you have read this already.

5 Likes