For Those Who Take Indian Generic Rapamycin, Which do you take?

The easiest way to tell if your medication contains the active ingredient (rapamycin) is a blood test. The test can be ordered through marekhealth (marekhealth.com) at ~$50 through LabCorp.

The first test I took was to make sure rapamycin was detected in my system - which proved that the Zydus pills I received were legit. I then took 2 tests several months later: the first one about 3 hours after a 6mg dose, then another test a week later to make sure I had full clearance before my next dose.

4 Likes

I am waiting for my (MarekHealth) blood test results. While I received a Cert of Authenticity from Siroboon, I was still a bit skeptical, so decided to make sure I had received what I bought. Blood draw 3 hour after taking my dose (in my case , 6mg/1x per week) …so should be able to set a baseline.

1 Like

Curious to know your results… please share!

I started taking rapamycin last August (seven months ago). Since then, I have taken nine Sirolimus (rapamycin) blood tests, all purchased from Marek Health ($59).

As RapAdmin states, there are quite a few reports on this site that show bad results for Siroboon. My blood tests after taking Siroboon have shown very little of it getting into the blood. I strongly suggest not using Siroboon.

I am very satisfied with the Biocon Rapacan as my testing has always shown good results. I buy 1mg pills for 60 cents/mg from Maulik at Shreeji Impex (ShreejiImpex.com) and give him a strong recommendation as he seems to have the best price and excellent service.

6 Likes

Zydus and Biocon are the brands that have shown the best results for Indian generics.

3 Likes

Not promising results for the Labcorp/Marek) blood test: .8 mg/Ml, 3 hours after taking 6mg Siroboon rapamycin. Now in a quandry about the quality of the product.

3 Likes

Blood test result …3 hours after taking 6mg ===>. .8ng/Ml. Not promising.

4 Likes

Wah…wah…wah…wahhhh (trombone sound) sucks! Time for something new.

2 Likes

Rapacan 1mg Rapamycin Tablet helps to prevent organ rejection after transplantation, and treating certain autoimmune diseases.
I have used Rapacan 1mg Rapamycin Tablet manufactured by Biocon.

1 Like

hitch… So the hose clamp website is what you are referring to?

No - I think he means this company: https://www.shreejiimpex.co.in

1 Like

I have a new favorite: (Thanks @hitch)

Maulik Parekh, maulik7@gmail.com

As much as I have enjoyed doing business with Jagdish Nikose, who has always been reliable, Maulik is more convenient (takes Visa, $15 fee) and at least for this shipment incredibly fast. This is the shortest time between ordering and delivery from India that I have ever experienced.

Less than 14 days from initial order, including payment time, to delivery.

Pluses:

Fast delivery

Low prices (actually, significantly cheaper than Jagdish for the same brand)

Takes Visa

I didn’t have to sign for delivery. Which is kind of a big deal for my as I didn’t have to stay home on the day of delivery.

And he gave me 10 bonus tablets

Delivered

Delivered, Parcel Locker

LAS VEGAS, NV

May 4, 2024, 4:11 pm

Out for Delivery

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

April 29, 2024, 6:51 pm

Inbound Into Customs

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Facility

MUMBAI AIRPORTSORTING OFFICE, INDIA

April 26, 2024, 7:46 pm

Processed Through Facility

MUMBAI AIRPORTSORTING OFFICE, INDIA

April 26, 2024, 7:10 pm

Acceptance

INDIA

April 26, 2024, 6:22 pm

3 Likes

Consensus seems to be:

1. Zydus (used in Matt Kaeberlien’s dog aging trial)
  2. Biocon

Siroboon still seems to be hit or miss based on the reports people have given so far.

1 Like

Yes - very mixed results with Siroboon. Probably not worth the risk (even with the lower price). See this thread on siroboon blood testing results: Siroboon Lab Blood Test Results

1 Like

I got a quote from Maulik yesterday and the Visa fee is now $42. Not sure its worth the convenience…

Here is my quote:

Please find our quote as below :

300 tablets of Zydus Sirolimus - 300$
100 tablets of Minoxidil tablets (10mg tablets) Intas Lonitab - 80$

Shipping to USA - 30$
Visa fee - 42$

Total - 452$

1 Like

That is unfortunate. I hope that was a mistake on his part.
I would tell him that you are only willing to pay a $15 Visa fee or you will shop elsewhere. I have encountered similar excess charges from other vendors I requested quotes from, but it was usually either for the goods or the shipping fee.
I have found in general that Indian suppliers are willing to negotiate fees.

On Mon, 22 Apr, 2024, 11:53 pm Maulik Parekh, maulik7@gmail.com wrote:
120$ / 300 pills Galamer 4
30$ / Shipping to USA
Visa fee is 15$ need to add the same Sir

I wouldn’t touch Siroboon with a 10 foot pole. Why would you risk getting a bad shipment of 200-400 pills if you’re only saving a few pennies?

We have a saying for this in the financial world. “It’s like picking up pennies in front of a train.”

2 Likes