Does anyone have success importing Rapamycin to Canada?

I’m reluctant to respond directly to your question in a public forum. :smiley:

That said, if you can get a prescription (even from a foreign doctor) and you’re carrying an amount for your own consumption (e.g. 300 pills) you might not have an issue if you declare or if you get caught neglecting to declare.

Rapamycin isn’t a narcotic, it’s impossible to OD on rapamycin and it has no recreational use. The most that would happen is you’d have the pills confiscated and maybe a fine. (I’m not a lawyer and this isn’t legal advice.)

2 Likes

From what I’ve heard (not recommending anything) I would say most people just take it out of the packaging and put it into their bathroom bag when they pick it up in the US (I’ve heard one guy, when he purchased a bunch of rapamycin in Turkey before he flew home, put it into a couple vitamin containers), and forget about it. If you declare it, I suspect you’d run into the same issue you had with importing it and having it shipped to Canada. Just my thoughts from what I’ve heard from others.

2 Likes

yes agree June , just personal healthcare products traveling with you home after a day or two away IMHO , a few hours , one again rolls the dice . I suspect better chance than by post

1 Like

I’ve been successful with Sirolimus a few times, but not in last 8 months. But I order a max of 180 tables. Quantity may matter- I’ve heard of shipments being seized in the US when you get into the 200s. Or it’s just a crap shoot.

2 Likes

Ya I’ve done both, successfully, after a couple of failures, tho it was never clear why they failed. One Canada, one US, weird circumstances, but returned eventually. Indian suppliers will reship when they get them back. I always ask for this. I had to pay shipping again on the third try with one of them. Success in the end. 180 tabs max.

3 Likes

Fellow Canadian here. I’m surprised that stuff is not getting through. Is the seller putting a less “flaggy” name on the package? When I would order electronics from Aliexpress they would put on the package whatever I want, are the Indian sellers giving this option.

I live in Toronto. I had two package of rapa not make it through customs from two different vendors. One in India and one in Singapore. I was not notified, they just didn’t come after months. I had the vendors resend them (for free) to parcel receiving service in Niagara, New York (CBI USA | US Mailbox Rental & US Shipping Address Services). I picked them up myself, put them in an empty vitamin tablet container, and had no issues at the border. This has been useful for other medical products that cannot be shipped to Canada, such as the CardioCheck Lipid tester.

4 Likes