Can you share who you trust as an "expert" in the longevity and Healthspan space

Matt Kaeberlein, Mikhail Blagosklonny.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure Oliver is engaging much with individuals these days. He started a Whatsapp group 3 years ago that many longevity folks are in but he turned it over to 2 other Admins as he was busy with the Bryan Johnson project.

His website might be a good place to engage with him

2 Likes

Careful. He has said things that made me question whether to trust. For example, he said that the only negative about Repatha is the cost. No, Repatha can raise blood glucose and reduce the ability of pancreatic Beta cells to produce insulin. Donā€™t ask me how I know.

He has also said that if you have any cardio disease at all you should try to get LDL/APOB very very low ā€œMake him like a kid again.ā€ There is some evidence that this is not the optimum strategy. Instead, should focus on decreasing inflammation.

So, Dayspring is very knowledgable for sure. But donā€™t swallow whole.

2 Likes

Many cholesterol drugs do decrease markers of inflammation as well as LDL cholesterol.

1 Like

What does that mean? Could just happen randomly too.

@Bettywhitetest

Agree on Tony Robbins, a fakir I have found repulsive for almost 40 years. Attia, like many would-be gurus, caters to the wealthy, an indication to me at least that his medical ethics may be questionable. I donā€™t know if David Sinclair has a clientele, but he sure has enjoyed his time in the limelight. Lenny Guerente, Sinclairā€™s former lab partner, developed a few anti-aging products that promised more than they delivered. Both he and Sinclair have been criticized for using their academic credentials to hype unproven supplements.

3 Likes

For someone with good metabolic health this might actually be a good thing from a longevity perspective?

(Btw, Did you see my response to the post where you were asking for input a few days ago, I touched upon that there. I donā€™t think I ever saw any response to that from you, which would be nice and general good forum culture/norm since I took the time and invested in responding to you).

1 Like

My wife takes everything I take :slight_smile:

Some of the ā€œdrugsā€ are

Rapamycin - 6mg every 2 weeks
Selegiline - 1.25mg every day
Our peptide stack, healing, growth hormones, weight loss/glucose control
Our supplement stack is quite extensive as well.

Soon to add a few more things.

She (we call her The Joan) would not participate in a forum type environment like this for a variety of reasons but the one that prevents her is confidence in what she says. She would say she doesnā€™t have all the right words and has no desire to deal with people who insist on being everything ā€œperfectā€ or jump on others mistakes.

In person is a different matter, she will tell anyone and everyone about her program and how she feels at 66 and does the work of 20 year olds who canā€™t keep up with her.

4 Likes

Iā€™m more of a study reader. I search them, I read them, I ponder them, I read supporting and contradicting studies, I get confused by them, I try to check my biases, then I read some more :slight_smile:

Then I go looking for others who have much better insight into the studies Iā€™ve read that I need help with.

Iā€™ve found some very good insights on this forum.

I have been following Michael Lustgarten for 3 years and enjoy his experiments as he has the ability to do iterative testing. His before and afters can point you in a direction you might not have though of. I like people who are ā€œdoing itā€, sharing EXACTLY what they are doing, testing their results and freely sharing those results.

4 Likes

Rapamycin and sirolimus are the same molecule.

1 Like

That would be a autocorrect mistake OR a fat fingered mistake on my part, Iā€™d rather blame the auto thingy :slight_smile: it should be Selegiline and I will correct that, thanks!!

1 Like

Currently, Matt Kaeberlein, Peter Attia, Joan Mannick, and a little Andrew Huberman.

Also recently discovered Dr. Saray Stancic, who put her MS into remission through lifestyle medicine and diet and whose philosophies make a lot of sense.

I first became interested 35 years ago when my mom developed metastic lung cancer, and I found a book by Dr. Anthony Sattilaro called ā€œLiving Well Naturally.ā€ Sattilaro was the CEO of a Philadelphia hospital who had metastic prostate cancer. In his book, he suggested that he had been cured by a macrobiotic diet. He apparently went off the diet after that and died from the disease.

2 Likes