Bryan Johnson Longevity Protocol Discussion (2024)

$340 a month for 400 calories isn’t going to make the global average person healthier. Every life has equal value.

1 Like
2 Likes

I doubt the elites care much about the masses.

2 Likes

In my view
“The Bryan Johnson/Blueprint is a Cult.”

4 Likes

The more people on the journey with us, the more data we have. Bryan Johnson is helping people become serious about their health.

5 Likes

Generally agree with you. More interest in the field is good. But I don’t think we’re getting much data from him. Which is unfortunate because he has the resources to do it. Instead we get “take these 300 supplements and do these 100 exercises and you’ll be younger.”

2 Likes

I am amazed at how much he he has shared for free on his podcasts. If you followed the guidelines he gives for sleep, exercise, diet, calorie restriction, at-home skin care and the few really key supplements you would be most of the way there. You don’t need nutty pudding. You don’t really need a ton of measurements although they are surely nice to have. You just have to consistently do the work. We’ve all known the basics for a long, long time.

3 Likes

But how do you know which of the interventions he does are of benefit? If he elimated the calorie restriction would it change anything?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/bryan_johnson/status/1781136131066851387
https://twitter.com/bryan_johnson/status/1781298948566581309

He called Pink Floyd’s agent.
He said, “Could I meet with you?” So one day we went to London. They were in the middle of finishing the mixing… of Dark Side of the Moon, at Abbey Road, the famous studio. And I remember, we got there… and they were very standoffish… pop stars, very distant. They was eating. They was eating…hamburgers. Four guys eating hamburgers. “Hello,” they say, “Hello!” And nothing, I could not speak, they was eating.

All of a sudden, Jodo… We called him Jodo. Jodo said,
“No. They’re pissing me off. Let’s go!” I start to insulted them. "How you don’t understand I offer to you…" the most important picture in the history of the humanity!

We will change the world! And you are eating…

Eating Big Macs. How?”

And then they stop and they speak with me.

And after that, it went very, very well.

Very, very well, yeah. – Alejandro, Jodorowsky’s Dune

The only thing wrong with that hamburger is the bun.

1 Like

Burgers, nuggets and frites - tasty, rich in protein, fiber, potassium and unsaturated fat
Blueprint - boring and stale

2 Likes

I am beginning to like Bryan Johnson. Today I watched his YouTube video featuring chocolate.

He looks very good to me and seems very personable.

As a chocolate lover, I eat chocolate every day not for health reasons, but the health benefits might be a plus.

Just for context, I don’t mind the bitter taste of black coffee or dark chocolate.

To be honest, I am not willing to pay the high, even though it may be reasonable, price for his products. Instead, I look for high-quality substitutes at a more reasonable price.

IMO: One of my better finds is Sam’s Dark Chocolate bars sold only in Walmart Super Stores in my area. Despite its name, it is not sold in Sam’s Club in my area.

The pluses for this bar are: made in Switzerland which has very high standards compared to the U.S. and other European countries. It tastes better, to me, than other Swiss dark chocolate brands such as Lindt dark chocolate. It comes in various intensities 70, 80, and 90% dark chocolate. It is about ½ the price of Lindt.

“Chocolate made in Switzerland may be free of heavy metals because of stricter cadmium limits than in other countries. In 2019, the EU established maximum levels of cadmium in chocolate and cocoa powder. Switzerland has stricter cadmium limits than the EU and Norway, and the Swiss are the world’s largest per capita chocolate consumers”

I haven’t been able to find any testing of the Sam’s chocolate from Switzerland. I am willing to take the chance that Sam’s chocolate is safe.

4 Likes

Bryan likes chocolate too!

1 Like

Me too. Really enjoy 100% Cacao | Total Blackout Chocolate Bar (keto) | Alter Eco – Alter Eco Foods on my super veggie.I have had super veggie for a year now. Really like not having to think about what to eat and know it is just about perfect.

2 Likes

Absolutely based. It’s kind of expensive and not widely available though.

https://twitter.com/noor_siddiqui_/status/1782556586650767423

3 Likes

I recently read Hacking Darwin by Jamie Metzl, which discusses the rapid development and adoption of screening and gene editing. It’s hugely fascinating. Though it does give me pause for thought. While this is inevitable, artificially selecting embryos is I think a slippery slope.

Two meals from eatblueprint.com (Nutrition Facts (March 27, 2024))

Nutty Pudding:
Serving size: 1 container (358 g)
Calories: 654.2
Fat: 42.8 g
Carbs: 41.9 g
Protein: 36.5 g
Ingredients: Macadamia Nut Milk, Pomegranate Juice, Pea Protein Powder, Blueberries, Strawberries, Cherries, Macadamia Nuts, Chia Seeds, Walnuts, Brazil Nuts, Flax Seeds, Cocoa Powder, Sunflower Lecithin, Ceylon Cinnamon

Serving suggestions: Eat while fresh or refrigerate. Add extra berries and nuts if desired. Stir before serving chilled or at room temperature.

Super Veggie
Serving size: 1 container (577 g)
Calories: 425.5
Fat: 23.7 g
Carbs: 43.0 g
Protein: 18.2 g
Ingredients: Black Lentils, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Shiitake Mushrooms, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, Paprika, Black Pepper, Apple Cider Vinegar, Lime Juice, Hemp Seeds
Serving suggestions: Remove plastic lid. Serve cold or heat for 2–3½ minutes in microwave or 5–10 minutes at 390 ºF in air fryer or oven, allowing 1–2 minutes for cooling. Add toppers and mix evenly.

Chef Jeff (https://twitter.com/chefjeffsf) seems to be roasting the super veggie which will probably improve palatability. Steaming has probably a marginal benefit, with a poor palatability vs. health ratio for the average person. Has not blended it.

These might be the optimized variants for these two meals all things considered. It’s still not going to be the same as eating hyperpalatable food, of course, but better. Vegetables are relatively high in water, have potassium and are low in sodium too.

5 Likes

Slippery slope is a logical fallacy, Slippery slope - Wikipedia
Heritable human genome editing is so different and thinking about it would open a can of worms. I don’t know enough about it, neither do I see the reason to worry about it now. He Jiankui edited two babies and got punished for it.

(I like the uplifting utopia-ish Her (2013) type of music and vibe in the Orchid video, btw)

Sunflower Lecithin? I read that emulsifiers are pretty bad for the gut lining and microbiota?
It’s been hard for me to find almond milk without one.

1 Like

I don’t know, I think it’s okay since it’s GRAS by the FDA and approved by EFSA.