Attia lawsuit against Oura

Obviously this is true. Although I might give the “extremely wealthy” a pass on this as longevity isn’t a common specialty for most doctors — I’d argue finding a good longevity doctor who isn’t looking to treat you with crystals and Tibetan bells is difficult (I spend more time bring papers to my doctor instead of the opposite, although I have other medical needs). Plus, most “extremely wealthy” are already paying for concierge doctor services so the price isn’t as different as you might think. And there’s always a battle here in NYC to get the most ridiculously well-credentialed and famous doctors, so this fits in with the existing trend.

And if someone wants to spend money they made/have on something they want, and it doesn’t hurt anyone, I don’t really mind. Even if I think it is a waste, it’s none of my business really. Sorry: not criticizing you or trying to judge your “chuckle” — have at it, and it is funny. But it’s not as much of a change in their costs/expectations than you’d think.

2 Likes

Too pale for my liking …

Dr Peter Attia - The 5 Crucial Supplements Everyone Should Be Taking

hahahaaaa and hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Can someone find a psychiatrist for this dude, so now we don’t just need magnesium, but we need five different types of magnesium. Jesus Christ what has happened to this poor human? He used to be a normal human being! Not anymore.

I thought that Attia’s interviewer, Chris Williamson, was far more amusing with his long diatribe into his cricket skills and achilles injury.

Of consequence from the video, Peter Attia’s updated list of supplements:
0:27 - Magnesium (3 types SlowMag, Magnesium Oxide and Magnesium L-Threonate aka Magtein). 1:50 - Creatine Monohydrate 3:20 - Methylated B Vitamins. 5:40 - Theracurmin (activated curcumin) 11:15 - Omega 3s

@SNK, you may find it even more amusing that there are at least thirteen types of magnesium combinations depending on why you might elect to take it. So, why are there so many different types of magnesium supplements? Because free magnesium (the magnesium that your body absorbs) must be bound to compounds, such as amino acids, organic acids, and inorganic acids, to stabilise and be absorbed for different benefits.

I take two forms Magnesium Glycinate, which has a very high bioavailability is fast-acting, for muscle health and to reduce inflammation in the body. Magnesium L-Threonate (Magtein) for many brain health benefits.

4 Likes