70 is the new 30? Inspiring Stories of Healthy Longevity

I’m sure he’ll get a gold in the 10 and under category as well. :wink:

Way to go Mike!

It’s people like him that will beat the 122 record. Is he taking Rapamycin? :wink:

2 Likes

Someone needs to mail him some rapamycin! For our members in Cincinnati … feel free to drop some off at his house :smile:

2 Likes

“You feel as an imperative if you still have a brain, you still have a body. Keeping the body is a massive undertaking. And diet is a very important part of it. I haven’t had a piece of meat in 30 years,” he said.

• a lot to unpack just from this one quote from him.
1 Like

In his case it most likely started to reduce a chance of cancer progression and reoccurrence. Seems to be working? Besides that not consuming meat clearly doesn’t impede him in any way.

2 Likes
1 Like

Do you remember him?

2 Likes

Karate kid!

2 Likes

The 60 year old beauty contestant.

Looking great!

4 Likes

Actors that have aged really well…

3 Likes

In this lady’s case, 102 is the new 62.

7 Likes
3 Likes

What are you going to do with all your extra time on earth? Learn more…

3 Likes
2 Likes

This sounds like a great movie. I’m going to try to get to see it.

This may not seem like the typical setting for an interview with an action star. But then again, Squibb is 94 years old and nothing about her career has been typical. After decades on the stage in New York, she made the leap to film and TV when she was already in her 60s and quickly found herself working for directors like Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese and Alexander Payne. When she was 84, Squibb earned a supporting actress Oscar nod for her turn in Payne’s 2013 film “Nebraska,” and now, at an age when many actors have long since retired or died, she is finally stepping into the spotlight with her first starring role.

In the comedy “Thelma” (in theaters Friday), Squibb plays a strong-willed grandmother who is duped out of $10,000 by a phone scammer and embarks on a quest to get back what is hers, taking to the streets on a scooter hijacked from an elderly friend, played by “Shaft” star Richard Roundtree. (The actor died of pancreatic cancer shortly after making the movie.) Written and directed by Josh Margolin, who based the story on his own now-104-year-old grandmother, the film earned raves at this year’s Sundance Film Festival for its fresh twist on familiar action tropes and its sensitive handling of both the indignities and pleasures of later life.

Full Story: Defying age and expectations, 94-year-old June Squibb is Hollywood’s latest action star (LA Times)

3 Likes

An amazing woman! Just shows what can be achieved if you work at it.

Ernestine Shepherd

Guinness Book of World Records First Oldest Female Body Builder, Intl. Speaker,Trainer & Author. Mantra: Determined, Dedicated, Disciplined To Be Fit

Her Twitter/X Account: x.com

Her Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/shepherdernestine/?hl=en

6 Likes

I love Ernestine! She’s one of my inspirations since she didn’t get started on her fitness until age 54.

3 Likes

A friend in my nutrition group shared this today.

3 Likes

She’s obviously immune to the typical contaminants in the bottom feeder. The only thing tougher and more resilient than her will is probably her DNA.

2 Likes